Blackvue DR500GW-HD auto restart and hanging issue

blu391

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello,

My blackvue camera keep giving me alot of problems. First, it was check SD card error. Second was auto restarting out of no where, third was no recording of any footage even though all lights seems fine and last was hanging issues.

I went to the dealer and got a new replacement set. I thought it was my device faulty. Got a new memory card from dealer straight from the box too. However, things are still the same. All the problems listed above are occuring to the new device too, with the new memory card.

Firmware is the latest 1.009E firmware.

Any advice from anyone on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

How have you got it connected to the power in the vehicle

Was the dealer a shop or an Ebay seller Not enough constructive information

Hi hillbilly, thanks for your reply.

It is connected by power magic pro. My dealer is a physical shop and I got it installed in their shop. :)

Take it back and get them to check installation

Check the earth wire is connected properly Can cause problems

Thanks for ur recommendations. Dealer gave me a new Samsung class 10 memory card and asked me to try it out.

The technicians also checked the earth wiring and everything is good and in place.

Now only god knows what is wrong with this Camera. Haha

well, apparently, dealer gave me a new samsung 32GB class 10 memory card. At first it was doing fine for the first 2 days. I then switched the bit rate to 10mbps n then, it start to give me "check your SD card" error.

Now, the question is, are memory cards that slow that it cant read and write a 10mbps video properly? Ever since then, I believe the card is corrupted and even after switching it back to 7.5mbps recording, it still give me "check SD card" error. This blackvue camera is driving me crazy!!!

oh man..that is a bad news for me..haix..Shldn't have bought blackvue camera...learnt my lesson hard this time round..

well, apparently, dealer gave me a new samsung 32GB class 10 memory card. At first it was doing fine for the first 2 days. I then switched the bit rate to 10mbps n then, it start to give me "check your SD card" error.

Now, the question is, are memory cards that slow that it cant read and write a 10mbps video properly? Ever since then, I believe the card is corrupted and even after switching it back to 7.5mbps recording, it still give me "check SD card" error. This blackvue camera is driving me crazy!!!

I would check that it is a genuine Samsung card as I bought one last week that is a fake. Run the test program on it H2testw 1.4 and it will tell you if its good or bad.

Just because the dealer gave it to you doesn't mean its genuine as the RRP of one of them is about $60AU

just check, all authentic and nothing fake about it... really regretted buying this camera... camera is giving me more strange problems..like bitrate dropping all the way to 900kbps and fps dropped to 3fps... out of no where...and best luck of all, when that happened, an accident happened and thus, the whole video was so choppy.

just check, all authentic and nothing fake about it... really regretted buying this camera... camera is giving me more strange problems..like bitrate dropping all the way to 900kbps and fps dropped to 3fps... out of no where...and best luck of all, when that happened, an accident happened and thus, the whole video was so choppy.

How and what did you check it with.

It sounds like a software or power problem as you would be extremely unlucky to get two dud cameras in a row I would be looking elsewhere Car, Connections, a battery on its way out or more likely the SD card

How did you format it and on what PC or a Mac.

It isnt always the camera. Try connecting it to the ciggy socket bypassing the power magic and see if it works OK I still think its a faulty installation

Post your camera settings and we will look at them

local dealer checked all the connections...everything was ok...SD card was replaced with my own sandisk 32gb (real one..checked alrdy)..stll same prob..

Format the card thru PC using Sd formatter.

Look at the weird frame rate and a sudden drop in data rate and frame rate.

Unable to take the screen shot of the camera settings now.

However, my settings for the camera roughly are:

Quality: High in full hd 30fps
Interval: 1minute

Also another prob surfaced. Although interval was set at 1 minute, the camera recorded the footage at 2 minutes interval, with sound cutting off after 1 minute. This happened when the camera starts to go crazy over the night during parking mode. Also, prior to that, wifi button was pressed. After that, all sorts of nonsense started to appear during that fateful night. Didn't realise it till the accident the next morning.

Screenshot 1 for Frame and Data Rate.jpg Screenshot 2 for Frame and Data Rate.jpg

As I said connect it without the Power Magic and see what it does Always eliminate as many joins in connections for a start Then check voltage Sounds strange but I reckon its in the power not the camera

Hi, so sorry for the late reply. THanks for your prompt reply.

hmm..checked the connection for the power magic before.everything is ok.

Will try the connection directly to the cigarette socket and see how it goes.

Bet the bank on it that its a power problem Had someone on here testing at home with a stepdown power supply Was only 500ma and needed to be 1 amp.

Was getting SD errors and dropouts.

I suggest your installer may not have been the best.

I think the power is the issue here...

As Hillbilly mentioned there is another thread regarding this same issue. If you get an interrupt in the boot sequence due to lack of power you're gonna corrupt the software and cause issues. Get your installer to connect a multimeter to the power plug and check levels when the car is going through Crank.

Definitely run it off the cig lighter to troubleshoot.

Class 10 microSD cards have been notoriously problematic with dash cams of all sorts. I would recommend Class 4 or Class 6 instead.

Strange I have been using class 10 cards for nearly 2 years without ANY problems

Its people who buy fake ones ,trying to scrimp, or those who don't format them properly that usually have troubles.

It like computers The most common fault is the connection between the chair and the mouse. Second most common the ID TEN T problem

Class 10 microSD cards have been notoriously problematic with dash cams of all sorts. I would recommend Class 4 or Class 6 instead.

I never heard that and I don't think that a class 4 could handle the speed needed for 1080p recording. I would recommend a class 6 minimum.

Run it off the cigarette lighter and see if it helps. It's a simple test.

Back