Blackvue DR500GW-HD auto restart and hanging issue

tried whatever was suggested still no luck:(...this time round, the boss handled my case personally and he checked thoroughly with everything. Including checking the voltage as I crank the engine as suggested but to no avail...everything was normal.

He suspected that was the settings. I used to set it as High with storage type changed to "type" instead of the default "time". He asked me to leave everything as per default and see how it goes for 2 weeks.

I did told dealer about the power issue and he checked the powermagic connection. I did try connecting it to cigg socket for a few days but the problem persist.

Dealer changed a new set for me AGAIN. O well, see how it goes. If it is still the same, maybe I should ask him change to a different connecting fuse? Hmm...will that help?

Well my settings are and have ALWAYS been, video on highest Frame rate 60, set on time, all LEDS OFF. Audio is on.

Microphone on loudest Only have power on and off as warnings.

Parking not set on the 500 but set on my 350 Not set on the Polo which has a 400G in it

Never had any trouble except power probs with the 400 in a rental car in the USA last year Camera has performed perfectly since

Powermagic comes off a fuse which never turns off other side comes off a fuse which turns off with ACC Settings are 2 hrs and 12volt

If you want parking mode it should be set on type and change the % to give the largest parking % possible

Never had a moments trouble with any camera except the above which was due to a multiconnector spitting the plug out.

WOW..how do u get Frame rate of 60?!?!

I thought so that with parking mode set, recording storage shld be at "type". But dealer said just try to leave it as default for 2 weeks. Well, just listen to him then...haha

WOW..how do u get Frame rate of 60?!?!

I thought so that with parking mode set, recording storage shld be at "type". But dealer said just try to leave it as default for 2 weeks. Well, just listen to him then...haha

Sorry 30fps Highest setting at lower line, Brightness 75%

Yes to get parking it has to be on type and I usually use 40%Normal 20% Event 40% Parking

Event beep is off or it drives you mad

In sensitivity I have normal mode all at relatively insensitive and parking motion detection at about 5% and bump detection at 75% Be aware that anyone waking past 50M away will set the motion detection off so insensitive is best

If you get hit when moving it will activate Event anyway regardless of the sensitivity I bet

yeah man..i totally agree with you that the motion detection is super sensitive! well, it's a good thing i guess..but sometimes it's annoying. haha...

Turn it way down then and turn off audible beep Turned mine off first day I had it. No more annoyance

Strange I have been using class 10 cards for nearly 2 years without ANY problems
I never heard that and I don't think that a class 4 could handle the speed needed for 1080p recording. I would recommend a class 6 minimum.
Look all throughout problem threads on this forum, feedback sections on eBay and amazon items, and you'll find that Class 10 issues are common. Many, many comments regarding problems with the Class 10 microSD card. Some sellers have even put warnings under the dashcam they are selling, to specifically NOT use a Class 10 card with that dash cam. I'm not saying that everybody has issues with Class 10 cards, but they certainly seem to have issues with a lot of people.

I never hear this about Class 4 or Class 6.

Look all throughout problem threads on this forum, feedback sections on eBay and amazon items, and you'll find that Class 10 issues are common. Many, many comments regarding problems with the Class 10 microSD card. Some sellers have even put warnings under the dashcam they are selling, to specifically NOT use a Class 10 card with that dash cam. I'm not saying that everybody has issues with Class 10 cards, but they certainly seem to have issues with a lot of people.

I never hear this about Class 4 or Class 6.

Most problems have been with users trying to use 64gb cards which the cameras are not designed for.

Also formatting incorrectly causes a lot of problems.

I have 6 class 10 SD and Micro SD cards and have never ever had a problem I use them in my 3 carcams, my mobile phone, the Media unit in my car. A Sony video camera, a Fuji digital camera and now a new Sony digital camera. also intend using one in my Sony Duo Tablet to increase the HDD capacity by 128GB.

Only once when a card reader corrupted files have I had any problems and that was actually on a Sandisk Extreme II CF card in my Nikon D200

Do you actually have one or are you just trolling

Most problems have been with users trying to use 64gb cards which the cameras are not designed for.

Also formatting incorrectly causes a lot of problems.

I have 6 class 10 SD and Micro SD cards and have never ever had a problem I use them in my 3 carcams, my mobile phone, the Media unit in my car. A Sony video camera, a Fuji digital camera and now a new Sony digital camera. also intend using one in my Sony Duo Tablet to increase the HDD capacity by 128GB.

Only once when a card reader corrupted files have I had any problems and that was actually on a Sandisk Extreme II CF card in my Nikon D200

Do you actually have one or are you just trolling
I've stayed away from Class 10 cards due to all of the negative feedback associated with them, at least that I've seen (until this thread).

And the complaints on eBay and amazon were regarding 32GB cards, not 64GB.

Last edited:
The biggest problem and the source of so much angst is all the FAKE ones around

A genuine 32Gb class 10 card can be in the $60 but you see the on Amazon for as low as $20+

Also just because you bought it ON Amazon doesnt mean you bought it FROM Amazon There are a lot of sellers on there that may be less than reputable.

Use the H2TESTw program to test the cards That will sort them out,

I bought a Samsung 64GB micro Sd card a few weeks ago for $25 It confirmed my suspicions by being a doctored 8Gb card.

I got my money back and am in the process of making a compliant to the Police as the seller is still ripping people off even after I told him they are fakes.

So don't always blame the cards blame the people who allow themselves to be scammed by being greedy.

Some don't know admittedly but there is plenty of info on Amazon and Ebay about them Even a Google on " Fake Sd Cards" will keep you reading for a week.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GENUINE ONES.

Hi,

after many months of testing and changing of so many new sets, I realised that the problem lies with the software. When i put the recording saving mode "by TIME", the camera has no problem. But when I switch it to "by TYPE", the very next few hours, camera starts to have "check SD card" error...It's kind of weird. Have already feedback to dealer and they are trying to solve the problem with blackvue in Korea.

Anyone has such problems?

All cards are new. Changed into a new card and bought addtional new card too.

Hi,

after many months of testing and changing of so many new sets, I realised that the problem lies with the software. When i put the recording saving mode "by TIME", the camera has no problem. But when I switch it to "by TYPE", the very next few hours, camera starts to have "check SD card" error...It's kind of weird. Have already feedback to dealer and they are trying to solve the problem with blackvue in Korea.

Anyone has such problems?

All cards are new. Changed into a new card and bought addtional new card too.

Probably why I have no trouble as I always use "Time". Except on the 350 I am using as a security camera ATM It is set on Parking mode and records motion for 2 minutes at a time.

Has been doing so for the past 4 weeks and gets about 2 days on a 32gig card then overwrites.

That's Ok as I check what I am looking for each morning so should the damage occur I will still have it on the card

yeah..for now, i've been checking the car before setting off everytime to make sure there is no damage. Quite weird to have such software bug.

Hope blackvue will solve this problem or atleast enlighten us on why such stuff occur?

I mean, if they design the camera for such purpose and allow us to change the recording to "Type", then shldn't it be no problem at all? It's weird to have such option but the camera doesn't seem to be able to function properly.

Got same issue, the cam just restarted and restarted all the time.
Was able to fix the issue with these following steps:

https://www.blackvue.com/downloads/#1460710399003-fac7d739-f076

I copyed the blackvue folder to an formated SD card. Started up the cam, and the firmware did automaticly upgrade the cam. Now it woks perfectly!
(used the same SD card as when I had the problems)

1. Please backup all necessary files before formatting the SD card.
2. The SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format. If you format the card from the BlackVue Viewer, it will be formatted automatically in FAT32.
3. After the firmware upgrade, please use the latest version of the BlackVue Viewer and/or App.
4. After firmware upgrade Wi-Fi login information will be reinitialized. To connect using the BlackVue App, use the default password “blackvue“.
5. MicroSD Card support: DR650GW, DR650S, DR450, DR430 Series models support up to 128GB cards, and DR750LW-2CH supports up to 64GB cards, with a few caveats:
a. Compatibility is guaranteed only with the official BlackVue microSD cards.
b. In case your card is an SDXC model, formatting directly from the BlackVue will cause it to become unreadable on Mac OS computers.
Formatting the card from the BlackVue Viewer for Mac or Windows will prevent this issue.

What firmware are you running The latest factory firmware is 2.002E and I have mine running on a Samsung Class 10 128gb card without problems with the settings as I posted above I have parking turned OFF on mine and have removed the PM as I had battery probs which turned out were not caused by the cameras

Back