Blackvue DR500GW-HD error when set to "type" saving mode

blu391

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi,

just wondering, anyone has this problem where you put the saving mode to "type", it will cause a SD car error and camera will restart? Putting it to "time" mode won't have such problem.

20% - Event
30% - Parking
50% - Normal

That was the setting.

It's rather weird because even new genuine memory card also have such problem.

Have changed the camera set to a new set countless of times till I realised that it is due to some software or whatever issue. Putting recording type to "time" will solve the problem.

I really do not wish to use "time" because my camera is being used 24 hours. No point putting it on time and when something happened, it will be erased automatically even if it's under event recording.

Hope to get some enlightenment in this.

Dealer from my country can't seem to know what's going on and I doubt blackvue will answer to this question too.

Blackvue cameras so unreliable that when the company gives consumer such option to change the recording type, it create problems n problems to the camera. Just so disappointed in the quality. It's so freaking expensive yet so freaking lousy.

If its in parking mode you should set the sensors to minimum settings and it will only record if something disturbs it.

It sleeps until a movement or a bump starts it up again.

Therefore it wont "CONSTANTLY" record as you think

Also you should do your settings on a PC as some don't take to well if done via WIFI

I have a 350 as a security camera and it has been going 24/7 for 5 weeks now and last time I looked it had 2 days of motion detection on it.

yeah...i know about it...what i meant was...if there was a dent on my car bonnet and I didnt realise it till maybe next day, the evidence would have been gone by then as it would have been deleted it away.

350 uses vga quality, therefore, the memory card would be able to save quite a bit but for dr500, at the highest quality, it's quite difficult to get 5 hours of recording with 32GB...max 6 hours i guess...

that's why I was wondering am i the only one facing the "time" and "type" error with the camera...quite a disappointment with this camera.

Back