BlackVue DR500GW-HD firmware v1.008 (En, Rus,..)

has this 1.008 got the faster shutter speed or whatever it is that the custom firmware has that stops it blacking out when going from dark to light conditions.

wozzzzza said:
has this 1.008 got the faster shutter speed or whatever it is that the custom firmware has that stops it blacking out when going from dark to light conditions.
It has higher bitrate to give clearer video. Doesnt alter the change light conditions much but is better than it was. Mine has never been really bad but is noticeable when it does it.

I went from 1.1.1 to 1.005 then upgraded to 1.008, all steps of upgrade went well...

The only problem I have now it the mic is always on when I start the camera, no matter what setting I have in the config file..
I can turn the mic off/on with the finger sensor on the camera.. I have changed the config file with my iPhone, Win Blackvue program as well as a text editor, no luck getting a permanent change..

I have re-installed 1.008 as well as using different sd cards..

Does anyone else's camera act the same way?

anyone know if there are any difference between 1.007E and 1.008E?

micahfy said:

Well there will be or it wouldnt have a different version number.

It was actually a beta version of 8 I saw somewhere, so looks the same when loaded on a card As Blackvue dont publish 1.007 and what they did to improve 1.008 its a bit hard to know

micahfy said:
as hillbilly says, one digit.
if you read the other few pages in this thread you may find more than just one digit difference.

wozzzzza said:
micahfy said:
if you read the other few pages in this thread you may find more than just one digit difference.
i have read through the whole thread but didnt notice any differences.
(the beta 1.007E has the 10Kbps data rate video too.) the onlything that i could find is people are talking about the wrong time problem. i will try it during the weekend and see if the light issue gets better.

micahfy said:
wozzzzza said:
micahfy said:
i have read through the whole thread but didnt notice any differences.
(the beta 1.007E has the 10Kbps data rate video too.) the onlything that i could find is people are talking about the wrong time problem. i will try it during the weekend and see if the light issue gets better.

Just remember if it doesnt work you cant downgrade from it apparently

Sure there was. You weren't even supposed to know about 1.007. Now where's my iPhone 2 ?

defbear said:
Sure there was. You weren't even supposed to know about 1.007. Now where's my iPhone 2 ?

We learn a lot of things but never saw 1.006 so if you know about it why didnt you let us know.

I found 1.007 somewhere else

defbear said:
No I never saw 1.006 either

Quote "Sure there was" Unquote . ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rather pointless subject then as most of us have moved on to a successful installation of a newer version.

thanhvan229 said:
I need to dr550hg fw1.004k. I ask you for the link

is the 550 out yet if you have one put the SD card in the camera the firmware is in the camera

Never saw a 1.004 for a 500 either

Have installed fw 1.008 but there's no GPS anyone encounter this? I have format and reinstalled the fw few times but still no GPS any fix to this? Tks.

Back