BlackVue DR500GW-HD firmware v1.008 (En, Rus,..)

jokiin said:
would be good if they rethink the super wide angle lens idea for future models though

New BlackVue DR550GW-2CH has reduced 137° diagonal angle

geez, pittasuck seem to be starting to listen to the general public and fix their mistakes, not about time.
might have to start thinking about not getting another brand camera, time will tell.

Pittasoft, can you please release a clip on polarizing lens for the DR500GW-HD? people are cobbling together some ugly solutions, but I think a simple slide on lens the correct size would go nicely to improve image quality by reducing window reflections.

tonymy01 said:
Pittasoft, can you please release a clip on polarizing lens for the DR500GW-HD? people are cobbling together some ugly solutions, but I think a simple slide on lens the correct size would go nicely to improve image quality by reducing window reflections.

doing it after the product has been made is more difficult than if it's part of the initial design idea, not sure it would be practical to do but something to think about for future models perhaps

jokiin said:
tonymy01 said:

doing it after the product has been made is more difficult than if it's part of the initial design idea, not sure it would be practical to do but something to think about for future models perhaps

I wonder if the new lens or even the old 400 one could be supplied for those who would like to retrofit one to their 500. I would be a starter for one

Hillbilly said:
I wonder if the new lens or even the old 400 one could be supplied for those who would like to retrofit one to their 500. I would be a starter for one

you'd possibly do better to look at just fitting a different lens from another supplier, a few Russian's I noticed have done this on various model cameras looking to improve over the standard performance offered, you'd need to browse some of the Russian forums with the aid of Google translate if you want to look into what they've been using

BlackVue said:
**From now on we will be posting firmware updates for all languages at BlackVue website. Sorry, that update process used to be frustrating before**

Let us know what you think. We appreciate your feedback.

Fantastic! People, your customers is THE most important asset for the company. It can make your (they will work for you for free to promote your company and products), or break you (if you mistreat them). Remember, your products ARE a commodity, so THE ONLY thing that will make you the winners is the ease of doing business. Searching multiple sites,relying ONLY on hacking sites and forums, is NOT the way to go. Constructive criticism, posted ideas, or documenting bugs only will help you. No reason to hide it, because... it will come out anyway. It will make your products better, and customers happier. Happy customer, spends money. Unhappy customer tweets all day long and craps on the company and product... NO GOOD.

Anyway. I just purchased your DR500GW-HD with the power saving box , The unit does have issues with WiFi connections, GPS time stamps off by decades, and now few hours, (don't know if this is a firmware or hardware issue). Amazon is sending me replacement unit, so will be able to test it on Friday.

As far as your announcement regarding new policy on firmware distribution..... FABULOUS, FANTASTIC, GREAT.
This will only make things better for your company.

Hillbilly said:
jokiin said:
tonymy01 said:

Totally agree. Another way of making a buck or two, and increase a state of happiness for the customers at the same time. Win-win! Just DO IT!

tonymy01 said:

I am having a guy customize one for me. I will post pictures and videos once I get it. But if pittasoft can make one, that would be better. Just make sure it's black and not silver.

When someone will test 1.008, please provide afterwards your feedback about that microphone quality. If it's a huge improvement, or a minor / tiny (1% adjustment to the previous one :) )

Avenger1 said:
When someone will test 1.008, please provide afterwards your feedback about that microphone quality. If it's a huge improvement, or a minor / tiny (1% adjustment to the previous one :) )

Well just listened to mine from a trip today and I can hear the radio Ok my wife talking to me and me swearing at stupid drivers. Its not HiFi quality but quite understandable.

What do you really expect and why worry about whats going on inside the car I am seriously thinking about turning the audio off as it isnt really needed.

I never bothered listening to audio on my prev firmware and rarely look at the video unless something happens that causes me to do so

Hillbilly said:
Avenger1 said:

Well just listened to mine from a trip today and I can hear the radio Ok my wife talking to me and me swearing at stupid drivers. Its not HiFi quality but quite understandable.

What do you really expect and why worry about whats going on inside the car I am seriously thinking about turning the audio off as it isnt really needed.

I never bothered listening to audio on my prev firmware and rarely look at the video unless something happens that causes me to do so

Ye. I have also audio turned OFF, but in some cases I'm turning it on over sensor next to wifi led. For example, if the Police will stop me, and they will discuss with me, I'll turn it on, to have the discussion recorded for future purpose. In some situation, Police people will say you've breached the speed limit or made another thing, but when you say to them, that you are recording everything what they say, then they stop doing these fake breaches.

But the current microphone quality in version 1.005 is BOOSTED so it sounds like a ROBOT when you listen to the record. So the question is not if you can understand her, because I can understand also with 1.005 version, but if the microphone was fixed. That boost settings, improved quality, etc...

EDIT: Why it is good to have audio ON: In some situation, for example in the night or if some aggresive driver has missed you with high speed, your camera cannot recognize the car plate. But you with your eyes you can see the car plate a bit longer than camera, and when you want to document the car plate, you will just say it and it will be recorded. And then when you will watch the movie, the camera will not show the plate, but you will have it recorded by voice.

BlackVue said:
**From now on we will be posting firmware updates for all languages at BlackVue website. Sorry, that update process used to be frustrating before**

Highlights:
- BlackVue Viewer for Windows v2.035
- BlackVue Viewer for Mac v1.010
- New video qulity options:
High (bit rate 10 Mb/s)
Normal (bit rate 7.5 Mb/s)
Low (bit rate 5 Mb/s)
Normal (low-end compatible; bit rate 7.5 Mb/s)
- Turned off GPS in Parking mode (permanently)
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
- Adjusted microphone volume
- Other bugfixes and stability improvements

Download links:
Download English firmware

Download Chinese firmware

Download German firmware

Download Japanese firmware

Download Russian firmware

Download Spanish firmware

Download Taiwanese firmware

Let us know what you think. We appreciate your feedback.

Excellent! I have a question. Can you please provide a step by step direction on how to update the firmware on my camera? How do I perform the update on my BlackVue properly, so I do not mess it up? Can you please advise?

Put microsd in adapter, put in pc, run exe, choose adapter if not chosen, let it install, eject, put in car, 30 secs later a nice loud warning about updating, 1-2 mins later "blackvue for your safe driving. Starting normal recording". Couldn't be easier.

tonymy01 said:
Put microsd in adapter, put in pc, run exe, choose adapter if not chosen, let it install, eject, put in car, 30 secs later a nice loud warning about updating, 1-2 mins later "blackvue for your safe driving. Starting normal recording". Couldn't be easier.

"run exe"? How do I upgrade the official firmware, when I am using a Mac?

Could another Mac user please help me with a step-by-step-tutorial (maybe in german language?)

I waited now for months for this new firmware and I want to get rid of the poor video quality :evil:

Thomas

thomaspeter said:
tonymy01 said:

"run exe"? How do I upgrade the official firmware, when I am using a Mac?

Could another Mac user please help me with a step-by-step-tutorial (maybe in german language?)

I waited now for months for this new firmware and I want to get rid of the poor video quality :evil:

Thomas

I think it would be best to have BlackVue answer this question. I am a Mac user also and I have an idea. But, I might be wrong.
In theory, it should work the same as the Windows version. This is all dependant on how good the installer and firnware was created.

I do not think you can upgrade the firmware via a Mac as it is not packaged for us.

I have "upgraded" an SD card in my netbook I keep handy just for this reason just to get the newer viewer for Mac.

What I can do is post the Blackvue folder that was extracted out if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back