BlackVue DR500GW-HD Motion Sensing Recording

sunnyday

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, yesterday I washed my 60K car and then went out for a brief moment only to come back home to see a deliberate scratch on the bonnet of my car. shame really as the car is only 8 weeks old.
When I checked the video I noticed no capture.
After testing it I now realize it needs power while the car is parked!
So for now I will never know who did this cowardly act.
I cannot believe this does NOT record or have at least 2 hours power once one leaves the car parked or is this just my unit?
Does anyone know if this model has an internal battery for parked operation?

sunnyday said:
After testing it I now realize it needs power while the car is parked!

working as intended, you need the accessory power supply for this function

I took it to an auto electrician, he made a loop between my 12volt socket and fuse box.. took only a few minutes.
haven't lost much power and battery hasn't gone flat. but I will purchase that gizmo from Pittasoft to make sure car battery never dies..

shame I never thought of this before

sunnyday said:
I took it to an auto electrician, he made a loop between my 12volt socket and fuse box.. took only a few minutes.
haven't lost much power and battery hasn't gone flat. but I will purchase that gizmo from Pittasoft to make sure car battery never dies..

I've bought a couple from here, http://www.camzilla.com.au/products_inf ... -magic-pro their service is good and price is competitive, cheaper than I could find on eBay and got next day delivery to Sydney

Last edited by a moderator:
camzilla is NOT an authorized dealer

sunnyday said:
Actually, we are! We import the English version direct from Pittasoft in Korea with full Australian warranty. We're not a distributor but we certainly ARE an authorised dealer. Perhaps you could refrain from making definitive statements when you don't actually know.

Camzilla said:
sunnyday said:
Actually, we are! We import the English version direct from Pittasoft in Korea with full Australian warranty. We're not a distributor but we certainly ARE an authorised dealer. Perhaps you could refrain from making definitive statements when you don't actually know.

for what it's worth (I have no affiliation at all other than being a customer) I can certainly vouch for the service from Camzilla, have purchased twice and very happy with service provided, goods arrived quickly with tax invoice and had regular status updates emailed regarding shipping etc, very professional in my experience

jokiin said:
for what it's worth (I have no affiliation at all other than being a customer) I can certainly vouch for the service from Camzilla, have purchased twice and very happy with service provided, goods arrived quickly with tax invoice and had regular status updates emailed regarding shipping etc, very professional in my experience
Thanks jokiin, much appreciated!

sunnyday said:

I think that during parking mode the camera won't actually record unless there is an "event", to detect somebody keying the front of your car the camera is going to need a sensitivity setting that won't be of much use (i.e., it will record maybe far too much, might not even be possible to detect the event?) ! I just got the camera last week, so not too sure about what triggers recording during parking, I could be wrong, but this is what the manual says:

"In parking mode recording, if movement or impact is detected by the camera, video is recorded."

Back