Blackvue DR500GW-HD : New official firmware?

You post quite a little bit yourself Hillbilly.![/quote]

Hopefully positve and helpful as well Its still only 7 am Monday in Seoul ATM[/quote]
So someone has had a hour to look. I will watch the board today. I've made my opinion in the pertinent threads. The only other posting I will do today, on these subjects, is to respond to any of my posts. Or respond to any new post on the same issues. But if Blackvue does not respond to this in a couple of days I'm going over to the Russian Forums, Car Forums other Dashcam Forums as well. So Blackvue! Please respond to your shortcomings!

defbear said:

You post quite a little bit yourself Hillbilly.!

Hopefully positve and helpful as well Its still only 7 am Monday in Seoul ATM[/quote]
So someone has had a hour to look. I will watch the board today. I've made my opinion in the pertinent threads. The only other posting I will do today, on these subjects, is to respond to any of my posts. Or respond to any new post on the same issues. But if Blackvue does not respond to this in a couple of days I'm going over to the Russian Forums, Car Forums other Dashcam Forums as well. So Blackvue! Please respond to your shortcomings![/quote]

Just as a matter of interest do you use a PC or a MAC as MAC users seem to be having more trouble than us PC users.

I cant understand it as have tried all ways of formatting the cards and still the camera works fine.

It seems to be USA users also that are having the problems as those of us in AU dont seem to be having any probs.

Maybe some bad coding in the timezone data.

Is there a broken record here..I keep reading the same thing. Mine works fine also, Australia also. Two different cards also, a Samsung 32G, and the pittasoftthe 16G. I didn't format the card,I just let the upgrade app do it's thing on the card as it was.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tonymy01 said:
Is there a broken record here..I keep reading the same thing. Mine works fine also, Australia also. Two different cards also, a Samsung 32G, and the pittasoftthe 16G. I didn't format the card,I just let the upgrade app do it's thing on the card as it was.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah its strange I have the same cards as you and they are fine. However I usually take mine out once a month and format them to keep them neat and tidy Similar to defragging a HDD

My PC's are Windows 7 AND Windows Vista. I started with DOS then Win 3.1. Beta tested Win 95 for Microsoft. Done hundreds of upgrades, patch installs on SCO Unix, HP /UX IBM AIX, every flavor of windows and yes I have a great big S on my chest and have more experience than Dilbert.
This is the worst upgrade experience I have ever had on any platform. There is no way back to 1.005. Editing config / bin files is a kludge that doesn't work and the log files state downgrade is impossible. No way to even do a fresh install on the camera. Blackvue, please address your shortcomings!

defbear said:
My PC's are Windows 7 AND Windows Vista. I stated with DOS then Win 3.1. Beta tested Win 95 for Microsoft. Done hundreds of upgrades, patch installs on SCO Unix, HP /UX IBM AIX, every flavor of windows and yes I have a great big S on my chest and have more experience than Dilbert.
This is the worst upgrade experience I have ever had on any platform. There is no way back to 1.005. Editing config / bin files is a kludge that doesn't work and the log files state downgrade is impossible. No way to even do a fresh install on the camera. Blackvue, please address your shortcomings!

Will do.

BlackVue said:
defbear said:
My PC's are Windows 7 AND Windows Vista. I stated with DOS then Win 3.1. Beta tested Win 95 for Microsoft. Done hundreds of upgrades, patch installs on SCO Unix, HP /UX IBM AIX, every flavor of windows and yes I have a great big S on my chest and have more experience than Dilbert.

Will do.

ok so it has been officially acknowledged by Blackvue, no need for any more ranting, give them a chance to fix it now

defbear said:

Hillbilly has provided a link to the old 1.005 firmware.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
vbx said:
defbear said:

seriously it shouldn't take too long for them to sort it out, the date being wrong in the interim is not going to be the end of the world, some people have unreasonable expectations unfortunately

it's always nice to meet people that have never made a mistake though ;)

jokiin said:
vbx said:
defbear said:

seriously it shouldn't take too long for them to sort it out, the date being wrong in the interim is not going to be the end of the world, some people have unreasonable expectations unfortunately

it's always nice to meet people that have never made a mistake though ;)

I got a PM from Gregory at Blackvue telling me to format my sd card. I tried yet again. Well I did a deep format again. Put a fresh 1.008 on it just like they said. Date remains at 7-25-13 Time is 10:15 after the upgrade. The clock ticks but cant be reset. Holding their feet to the fire until they post that they admit there is an issue and promise to work on a solution.

That's not a solution, it's a troubleshooting step, doesn't work move on to the next step, they need to make sure you have done the basics first to rule that out, work with them and likely they'll get there quicker, keep in mind not all users are having this problem, intermittent problems are the most challenging to correct

jokiin said:
That's not a solution, it's a troubleshooting step, doesn't work move on to the next step, they need to make sure you have done the basics first to rule that out, work with them and likely they'll get there quicker, keep in mind not all users are having this problem, intermittent problems are the most challenging to correct

I'm happy to work with them. I think I may have gotten their attention. Let me correct you on one item. This not an intermittent problem. It is a solid, easily duplicated problem that I have duplicated over and over with precisely the same bad result. I just don't want a guy with a note book reading Try Reformatting The Sd card at me.
This is a serious issue. No no one has died yet. But if they died on my Blackvue camera, after installing 1.008, I couldn't use the evidence in court.

defbear said:
jokiin said:

I'm happy to work with them. I think I may have gotten their attention. Let me correct you on one item. This not an intermittent problem. It is a solid, easily duplicated problem that I have duplicated over and over with precisely the same bad result. I just don't want a guy with a note book reading Try Reformatting The Sd card at me.
This is a serious issue. No no one has died yet. But if they died on my Blackvue camera, after installing 1.008, I couldn't use the evidence in court.

I'm not seeing anyone else with the same issue as yours. Understand that it's frustrating but maybe you can just live with the 1.005 firmware instead until the issue is fix. Since you are claiming it's a life and death situation. Just switch back to the old firmware for now.

Intermittent might have been a wrong choice of words, I mean its not a blanket issue that impacts all users, if it was it would be much easier to address I'm sure

vbx said:
defbear said:
jokiin said:

I'm not seeing anyone else with the same issue as yours. Understand that it's frustrating but maybe you can just live with the 1.005 firmware instead until the issue is fix. Since you are claiming it's a life and death situation. Just switch back to the old firmware for now.

Read some more threads. There is no true way back to 1.005. There are at least two others with the exact same, no differences whatsoever, Problem. Date stuck on 7-25-13 time starts at 10:15 after the upgrade and never updates via gps. I've been on this forum for months and have seen Blackvue ignore issue after issue. This is too important for them to ignore. I would gladly go back to 1.005 but the Blackvue software does not allow it and states 'Downgrade Impossible in the upgrade log files.

I see, didn't realize you couldn't downgrade.

It's a weird issue seeing that it doesn't affect everyone. If it did, it would probably be easier to fix.

Here is something I found online regarding GPS time and date synching.

-------------------------------------------
During most alignment routines the scope references the GPS module for the correct date and time and uses the time zone and daylight savings time settings in the hand control to display local time. If the GPS module can obtain a link, the date and time will be updated, if not, the GPS module reports the date and time based on the last link, potentially off by a few seconds.

One source of inaccuracy is an incorrect setting for either the time zone or daylight savings time - read this for more details.

There is another potential problem. The GPS module uses a small rechargeable battery to maintain the date and time as well as the most recent data elements downloaded from the GPS satellites. If your telescope has not been used in several weeks or is only used infrequently for short periods of time this battery will loose its charge . In this case the date and time will revert to an arbitrary state and linking to the GPS satellites will take much longer than normal.

To recharge the battery, use an AC adapter and switch the power on. There is no need to perform an alignment - in fact it is better that you don't so that the scope will not begin tracking - but leave the power on for at least 48 hours. Then take the scope outdoors to allow a GPS link. If the date and time are incorrect the next time you are unable to get a GPS link (typically only if testing indoors), the battery may need replaced. Read this for the location of the GPS board.

-------------------------------------------

The above was not for a dashcam but it sounds like something you are going through. Either GPS is not connecting or your dashcam battery is dead?

Thank you for your helpful post. I can use live view via wifi. When the blue GPS light comes on the camera, then the mph speed start to display as well. The GPS speed and map placement work well and are accurate. I've had the camera on, parking mode off, GPS on for hours. The GPS does not drop off the date remains at 7-25-13 and time had started at 10:15 after the upgrade. the clock advances even after power is off. The camera is catching the starting date and time from one of the 1.008 upgrade files called new_update. It's creation date is 7-25-13 and 10:15.
I'm sure Blackvue will find a fix for this.

defbear said:
I'm sure Blackvue will find a fix for this.

I'm sure they will as well, it does take a bit of time though, you at least know they are already aware of the issue, even though the response was brief I'm sure this is something that they will give some priority to

Downgrading

Has anybody tried this or is game enough.

When we switched from Korean to English we had to edit the config to fool the camera.

We installed the English version on the card and edited the config language to Korean Then when it loaded in the camera it said Wrong version.

Took the card out and reedited the config back to English and it worked.

Why not load the 1.005 on a card and edit the config to 1.008 and see what happens. It may say cant do it or it may just say wrong version as did ours.

No guarantees no responsibility.

Or just wait a bit for the fix, can't see it taking too long to resolve

One thing I'm sure of, glad we use Ambarella

Back