Blackvue DR500GW-HD : New official firmware?

where's Mio when you need him.

Hillbilly said:
Downgrading

Has anybody tried this or is game enough.

When we switched from Korean to English we had to edit the config to fool the camera.

We installed the English version on the card and edited the config language to Korean Then when it loaded in the camera it said Wrong version.

Took the card out and reedited the config back to English and it worked.

Why not load the 1.005 on a card and edit the config to 1.008 and see what happens. It may say cant do it or it may just say wrong version as did ours.

No guarantees no responsibility.

Thank you! That is very tempting...but I just can't do it. I will save the idea for future reference if this doesnt get sorted out. But I am sure it will. I left a detailed PM to Blackvue, respectfully detailing the exact problem and what steps I have followed etc. they have enough info to solve the puzzle. It would not be fair to Blackvue to edit config files and loading them into the camera. Right now it's a mess(to me) but a plain vanilla mess that has only involved official Blackvue software.

defbear said:
Thank you! That is very tempting...but I just can't do it. I will save the idea for future reference if this doesnt get sorted out. But I am sure it will. I left a detailed PM to Blackvue, respectfully detailing the exact problem and what steps I have followed etc. they have enough info to solve the puzzle. It would not be fair to Blackvue to edit config files and loading them into the camera. Right now it's a mess(to me) but a plain vanilla mess that has only involved official Blackvue software.

yeah better to wait it out I think, can't take too long for them to work it out and get a fix sorted I'm sure

Search a thread for wrong time and found these post about time being wrong on the device. Well I am experiencing the same issue after the upgrade. Date shows 7-25 when it started up. I did a format on the device and date comes out to recent date and time. But when the device power off the time and date it power off remains when it turns on the next day which would be one day late. So it may be that the GPS battery is gone? How would I change this battery?

Hey, i am looking to buy this dashcam since i am unable to purchase the new version of vugera dashcam.
Does anyone know what the effective range of the wifi live-view is?
Is 10 to 20 meters possible? longer range?

Is it possible to access the wifi live-view during parking mode?

It works in parking mode, if you enabled it before you got out the car (or set it up to be auto enabled). The range is shocking though, my car is about 4m away from my couch (with one gyprock wall with the electric wires of the house running in between) and get flaky reception, have to move to one end of couch closer to front of car (max distance for reliable connection with the wall is about 3m!) In open air maybe get 10m max..remember many cars are tinted etc reducing some frequencies a bit through the glass..

BukVieng said:
Search a thread for wrong time and found these post about time being wrong on the device. Well I am experiencing the same issue after the upgrade. Date shows 7-25 when it started up. I did a format on the device and date comes out to recent date and time. But when the device power off the time and date it power off remains when it turns on the next day which would be one day late. So it may be that the GPS battery is gone? How would I change this battery?
Zonnepaneeltjes.nl said:
Hey, i am looking to buy this dashcam since i am unable to purchase the new version of vugera dashcam.
Does anyone know what the effective range of the wifi live-view is?
Is 10 to 20 meters possible? longer range?

Is it possible to access the wifi live-view during parking mode?......etc....

Totally off topic. Start a new wi-fi thread. BTW my wifi is good for about 30 feet through two,glass,doors and a metal security screen door.

Back