Reaction score
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR500GW-HD
Hi everyone,

Been pulling my hair out testing this product:

AILMENT:
- Wifi (via app) does not connect
- receive the error, "failed to connect to wifi"
- wifi settings on my HTC MySlide appear to be connected but the app never can seem to figure it out

SYMPTOM:
- Via BlackVue app, finds the SSID, enter login - at the point of logging in, the wifi LED turns off
- this occurs every time
- not one successful login even after obtaining a second unit

ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMs:
- upon receiving the new second unit, the microSD card is corrupt
- accessing the card via the BlackVue adapter or even generic adapter gives an error stating the card is write protected? It can't be used at all, even in Windows
- Software/firmware/app are all updated

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we're trying to publish this article asap. Mahalos!

IPVM said:
Hi everyone,

Been pulling my hair out testing this product:

AILMENT:
- Wifi (via app) does not connect
- receive the error, "failed to connect to wifi"
- wifi settings on my HTC MySlide appear to be connected but the app never can seem to figure it out

SYMPTOM:
- Via BlackVue app, finds the SSID, enter login - at the point of logging in, the wifi LED turns off
- this occurs every time
- not one successful login even after obtaining a second unit

ADDITIONAL SYMPTOMs:
- upon receiving the new second unit, the microSD card is corrupt
- accessing the card via the BlackVue adapter or even generic adapter gives an error stating the card is write protected? It can't be used at all, even in Windows
- Software/firmware/app are all updated

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we're trying to publish this article asap. Mahalos!

To connect to WIFI on my Iphone I only had to enter the supplied password the first time I connected.

From then on it connects automatically. The Password is Blackvue

Sounds like you are doing something wrong if two cameras do it.

Get another SD card and put it in the camera When the camera comes new the software is in the camera NOT THE CARD Put it in the camera and turn it on and it will load onto the card

Hillbilly said:
Sounds like you are doing something wrong if two cameras do it.

I think there's an issue with the current version of Android that is a problem for this camera, try another phone (different O/S) is probably the next step

You should be posting this in the Blackvue Forum

Look at this thread it may answer your question A search on the subject frequently helps find answers as well.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=588&start=10

Last edited by a moderator:
Back