BlackVue DR500GW-HD W White Limited Edition

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Pittasoft just released a "Valentine's edition" of the BlackVue DR500GW-HD. It comes in white and pink. Same specs as the original. More info on the Pittasoft site. So lets see what is more important from Pittasoft's perspective...firmware with an adjustable bit rate or white and pink colors...what should be their priority :?

BlackVue%20DR500GW-HD%20W.jpg

DashCamMan said:
So lets see what is more important from Pittasoft's perspective...firmware with an adjustable bit rate or white and pink colors...what should be their priority :?

given they don't help customers that unknowingly purchase cameras from unauthorised sellers with any warranty or firmware issues I'd say releasing a new colour is far higher on their priority list than delivering better performance

I just think that the girlfriend of Pittasoft boss or some approved resellers sweethart want a white dashcam for her white Audi Q7 or Lexus.
Claiming a dashcam edition for valentine's day is just stupid for me because:
- I don't see a woman buying a dashcam to a man. Even white with some pink mounting system to remember her pink (love). If not gay, he will not appreciate white.
- I don't see a man buying a dashcam to a woman. She will not appreciate the gift. She is expecting another things like gold or diamonds or even a sexy pajamas.

enjoy,
Mtz

As compared to the black edition, a white surface reflects sunlight and it does takes away some heat on the DVR body.

In theory. :roll:

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
In theory. :roll:

enjoy,
Mtz

LOL! I got a feeling future DVRs will be more decorated and colorful apart from being traditionally dark and stealth looking. The consumers will have more choices. :idea:

Yes, you can see more here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought two white and pink BlackVue DR500GW-HD from Dream Seller on eBay. I have a DR400G-HDII and a black DR500GW already. They are selling the white and pick ones for $180 and $10 off if you buy two. So for $175 each I got two shipped to me. Now, as far as the color.... I painted the pink part white. Once installed the white unit is a tad more noticeable than the black one. But for a $90 per unit savings I can live with it. The pink I could not live with.

Last edited:
this white+pink version has an exceptional price! I'm searching a new dashcam for my car, now I have a GS1000 orange menu but the image quality is not as good as I expected. BlackVue is very expensive but this Valentine's day version is very affordable. Still thinking what's the purpose of a valentine's day version dashcam.. :eek:

Last edited:
Now, as far as the color.... I painted the pink part white. Once installed the white unit is a tad more noticeable than the black one. But for a $90 per unit savings I can live with it. The pink I could not live with.
Hi Chuck,
I've also purchased white version (due to the sweet price) and now waiting for the cam to be delivered. What kind of paint did you use to change the colour of the mounting dock? I can't live with pink either :)
Thanks

do you guys think that would be possible to paint the entire cam in black?

I thought about painting the unit but after watching the YouTube video on how to disassemble it I decided against it. I have install the two white ones and they are more noticeable than the black ones. But then I am looking for them. For a 30% saving I can live with the white.

you're right, my thought too!

do you guys think that would be possible to paint the entire cam in black?
Someone is selling/sold stickers that you could make your BlackVue more stealthy

this might be interesting.. do you have a link to it?

I thought about painting the unit but after watching the YouTube video on how to disassemble it I decided against it. I have install the two white ones and they are more noticeable than the black ones. But then I am looking for them. For a 30% saving I can live with the white.

Hi again, Chuck.
I've just received my DR500 unit. I just wanted to ask one more time - did you manage to disassemble the mounting bracket and remove only the pink part to paint it white?
If yes, how can one remove the pink ring?

Many thanks.

I suppose it's one way of getting rid of old/bad technology, place it in a new cover

maybe if you put it in a fancy cover, but this is at least 'not suitable' for its purpose. A dashcam should be discreet and record without being seen...
I think this is the way to get rid of bad design ("who's placing an OK on this new colors??")

Back