blackvue DR500GW Vs Urive 8000p

wwp8

Reaction score
Hi guys I am looking for my first Dash cam
I like the Blackvue but am slightly concerned it gets too hot, ideally I would like a dual cam however to keep an eye from behind.

Main use would be videoing whilst driving and parked up security, (had some bad experiences with my last car, WRX)

which one is recommended for quality, reliability and functions for these needs?

also are there anyone here who has used one or the other to compare,

To successfully film front and back you need two cameras like I have A Blackvue 500 in the front and a 350 in the rear window,

The ones that have two lens only film the inside of the car and that is pretty useless

The 500 I have doesnt get very hot and neither does the 350 Both are cooler than the 400 in my wifes car.

In saying that the 400 has been going for nearly 2 years and in 3 countries in temps of over 40C outside and a lot more inside in park mode,

The DR500-GW doesn't seem to be plagued with the overheating problem like the previous version. The bigger problem is video quality / pixelation. The Urive seems quite popular as a dual camera but it is not as popular so less feedback on it. Depends on what is most important for you.

Back