Blackvue DR550GW Timezone set to london but its still in british summer time?

That's nice all UK city's are included in the British summer time.

I have been on there Facebook page pittasoft and posted on there camera photos and have had an immediate response saying there trying to sort the time zone. I posted back saying the video quality was the main issue.

In the few hours since I posted I have had many likes. Please go to the page and see if they respond to likes to the poor quality and timeline issues.

https://www.facebook.com/pittasoft?ref=ts&fref=ts
and
https://www.facebook.com/BLACKVUElife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well.. at least theyre looking at it.. although it does sound like perhaps they don't understand the problem! Perhaps you should reply explaining how british summer time works and perhaps mention that all cities in the UK are included in summer time although it doesn't always seem like it!.:)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Lol.

I don't give up easily. They will sort there quality issues out and the timezone issue...

I am making sure I post reviews in as many prominent places as I can they will have to change there ways some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey guys...

I think we have to take on board the translation barrier here. We deal with a lot of companies and businesses in Asia and it's always going to be a problem. Translations aren't that great and does take sometime to reply. I don't get offended or anything like that, it's just one of those things. Sometimes a short reply isn't by any means them being rude but it's to do with customs and manners etc. The British are known for being quite polite, don't mind queuing etc.

The reason I setup the Blackvue page was to try and offer my own help and advice to people for English users. Now I don't get anything out of it as it's done in my own time but rather for "The Greater Good".

Now I know that they know about the issue according to my guy there. I have to have faith that they are working on the problem like I do with other companies.

They do monitor this forum quite a bit as when I email them about an issue I point out the threads. Hopefully they will see the recent posts and threads as a "Right let's get this sorted, quickly..."

Have faith... :D

PS - Any updates I get I will pop on here and our Blackvue Page.

Hey guys...

I think we have to take on board the translation barrier here. We deal with a lot of companies and businesses in Asia and it's always going to be a problem. Translations aren't that great and does take sometime to reply. I don't get offended or anything like that, it's just one of those things. Sometimes a short reply isn't by any means them being rude but it's to do with customs and manners etc. The British are known for being quite polite, don't mind queuing etc.

The reason I setup the Blackvue page was to try and offer my own help and advice to people for English users. Now I don't get anything out of it as it's done in my own time but rather for "The Greater Good".

Now I know that they know about the issue according to my guy there. I have to have faith that they are working on the problem like I do with other companies.

They do monitor this forum quite a bit as when I email them about an issue I point out the threads. Hopefully they will see the recent posts and threads as a "Right let's get this sorted, quickly..."

I have faith in you...

Hey guys...

Hi Tim,
Having spoken to you I will try and have faith. You have been helpful despite me not buying from you. I appreciate you going to the trouble of writing a detailed reply and admit the language barrier despite me writing polite short E Mails has begun to get under my skin. Particularly when I take the time to use correct English and get replies like I did this morning. Apologies if my posts upset any one.

Just FYI - I just updated my DR550 to version 2.0 of the firmware. Has anyone determined if this time and bitrate problems are resolved?

I have a claim going into the credit card company BB as they have some form of insurance that is for items that do not meet the acceptable quality. Lucky for me there's lots of damming reports about the actual end product compared to the "advertised footage"

@ Peter Wilson there is a light at the end of the tunnel....... clocks go forward in the UK at the end of the month. That will give them 6 months to address the problem .....Hopefully...... They went forward in the US last weekend I wonder if the time is now showing correctly there.....Ipol

Like. Lol can't get mine to stay in the right year never mind the right time at the moment having to reset every two weeks or so. It keeps jumping to 2015 16 or 17 and then jumping to a random time of the day eg it says midnight at 9 am then the next time I check it it's 11 pm real time and the thing says it's 12:30 pm eg 11:30 earlier. The only way to reset is to install the firmware again thus it's going back. Plus the rear cameras dropping more and more new cable seems to have made this better but not 100%. Plus the quality at night is not changed much less blue masking but still too dark. When comparing to some of the cheaper cameras out there like the c2 etc.

Ps it always seems to set the date as the 1/1/15 or 1/1/16 or 1/1/17 or last week 1/1/1980.

We switched to Summer Time this weekend and no time problem with my DR500GW-HD. But I just saw this on pittasoft.com:
Downloads: TimeSet0.exe

This program is to reset the time for BlackVue DR350, DR300, DR500-HD, DR530W-2CH.

Instructions are on the site.

to 0830
We switched to Summer Time this weekend and no time problem with my DR500GW-HD. But I just saw this on pittasoft.com:
Downloads: TimeSet0.exe

This program is to reset the time for BlackVue DR350, DR300, DR500-HD, DR530W-2CH.

Instructions are on the site.

Just be aware of the last sentence, that you set the time to when you are going to drive away NOT THE TIME YOU RUN THE PROGRAM.

Have been using the other version of this for my 350 and found that if you set the time at 0830 to 0830 and put it in the camera at o845 the time will be 15mins out

Back