Blackvue DR550GW Timezone set to london but its still in british summer time?

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
Hi anyone got this problem its saying 11:30 at the mo but its now gmt 10:30...

Its set to timezone 317 London Europe. anyone got any ideas

Cheers

Have you taken it outside to let it get oriented with the GPS satellites Can take up to 20 mins the first time

Yes been using it for a week. Turned it off last night to try resetting the system tried changing the time zone from uk London to Germany then back to London but no difference. Could understand if it had been stuck on Greenwich mean time. But it's not its on British summer time. Pain in the rear end.

Need it to be right but do t know if any other settings are hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it on Atlantic /Azores and see what happens it is 1 hour behind GMT might bring it right Might not either

Will try it in the morning bed time is past now lol. Thanks will post in the morning.

Well tried setting the timezone to Atlantic /Azores and Dublin, and even Africa and America. it still stays one hour ahead of GMT. eg 14:00 instead of 13:00

Right royal pain in the Rear Camera...

I wonder if BlackVue set 550 to have BST expire at the end of the month, rather than last Sunday? But then, why would they change from what was obviously a correct handling of the matter in 400-II?

Also, have you tried formatting the card, to get rid of the logs - if there's no previous time reference to pick up, the cam will be forced to obtain a fresh time fix, as far as I understand the system (and I might be wrong here).
You know I didnt think of that i am just sorting a nice video from the card so will do a full format. worth a try...

I have the 550 and the last update I did wiped out the rear camera.

I have just spoke to the person who I bought this off he sells a fair few of these and he was testing the latest batch and it turns out after a longish discussion that all the cameras have the same problem. he has tested 6 of the cameras today. all are plus one hour from GMT. no matter what.

After he hunted all the usual places he found a post on advance in car that the time problem is hopefully being sorted out in a new firmware update.
Trouble is the last firmware killed the last camera after a few days so I am struggling with the lotto of updating or not.
If I try a Firmware and it bricks the rear camera I am going to be royally annoyed and am going to be asking for some form of compensation from Pittasoft in the form of a 500GW camera or a Fully working 550 from there "full Bit-rate Stock"

I was just looking through the footage today and at one point the whole road markings disappeared into the road and path. I will be listing on YouTube again.

Link to the posting below.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...ith-blackvue-dr550gw-camera-pixel-mania.2994/

And the time is Wrong Still.

Last edited:
There's a fix described on the other forum, to get an earlier version of 550 with Korean firmware to switch to the correct timezone, by connecting directly to HiLinux as root and using CLI to adjust timezone offset; but as I understand it, it has been made redundant by the latest firmware (1.014E) ... Will investigate further

I have not updated yet Still on 1.010 Firmware, tried the update to 1.014 last time and it killed the rear camera.

I also have not got a Linux boot system at the moment, had red hat Linux but could not be hassled with setting up the hardware drivers for my laptop. can you connect to the camera with Telnet Not that i have ever tried this either but worth a go...

Look forward to your comms.

Yes full UK 1.010E
Thanks. I have tried to look but my google seems to not like russian translations LOL

Cheers for the PM mate Hope he can help. if anyone else has sorted this out please post.

I have a Dr550 with UK English 1.014 installed and can confirm that I also have this problem .. time is an hour ahead of what it should be (still in British summertime).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Hi All,
I purchased my 550 from an authorised seller. However their support and Pittasofts is lacking. I to have this problem with the time zone and less than satisfactory playback very jump and pixalated. At the risk of showing my ignorance where do I find this custom firmware for the 550. I am having no problems with the 500 I purchased at the same time

Hey guys...
It is a bug in the software as confirmed via Pittasoft. I have been told they are aware and working the fix into the next Firmware update. I don't have any ETAs at the moment but I am hoping they will rush this through as a matter of urgency... I can imagine that if any footage that was recorded with an incorrect date / time stamp would affect how well it could be upheld in the event of an incident through insurance / courts. But hey I'm not a legal buff...

As soon as I know of a fix ETA I will pop it up and on our Blackvue Page
http://www.facebook.com/BlackvueUK

Cheeeeers

I had similar case with some other dashcam. Setting to London, Dublin time zone, after gps locks, time shifted +1h.
I found easy solution to select nearest -1h time zone and it works perfectly.

Unfortunately as said earlier in the thread that doesn't work Also as said in the previous post it is a BUG and they are working on fixing it

Unfortunately as said earlier in the thread that doesn't work Also as said in the previous post it is a BUG and they are working on fixing it

Ok. I see now what you meant. My bad english ( google translation ? ).
Hope you they can resolve firmware bug soon.

I diddnt think that the custom firmware was available yet for the 550? Is there somewhere that I can download this from? Would love to try it out :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Back