Blackvue DR590 reliability

heytim

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of upgrading to a dashcam that supports buffered parking mode. For this particular car, I have a banner across the top windshield, so a barrel design cam seems to give the best discrete design. Currently using a B1W and while that has been working well, I think a camera that supports buffered parking mode would be more reliable.

So I'm looking at the Blackvue DR590 which seems to fit the bill - especially the barrel design which goes nicely right below the banner. (The Viofo A119's wedge design would stick out too much below the windshield so I don't think it would fit that great - would appreciate any ideas for mounting too). I have read that Blackvue's reliability has had some problems before, particularly with bricking SD cards and sometimes overheating? I'd be interesting in hearing the thoughts of any one who has used Blackvue and how they find the quality/reliability of their products (both in general, and specific to the DR590 model), whether there are any concerns with reliability, and whether they would recommend the brand and/or this model.

Thanks in advance!

I'm interested in this camera as well. I currently have the B1W and love the barrel design (more discrete). I was seriously considering the new A119 v3, but it does not have Wifi and there is really no discrete way to mount this, I have an Acura TLX. So I'm trying to stick with the barrel design, and something with a little better video quality.

I have a DR590W-1Ch and the image quality is garbage. I would buy something else.

Back