Blackvue DR600GW-HD arrived today

Agreed, it's not the best quality. I just checked my fresh footage on 1.002, at least it's not horribad anymore, still some distortion but I can hear indicators, bit of radio, conversation aswell. Overall I'm happy with it now!

hi all, first post on the forum

i currently have a dr400 HD ii hardwired via a power magic pro

looking to upgrade to the dr600 or dr650, wondering if i can use the same power adapter thats currently hidden in my car's headliner
would love to have it as a straight swap of the mounts and then just plug in the dr400's power source into the dr600

currently:
hardwire -> power magic pro -> dr400 hd2 power supply -> dr400 hd2

want:
hardwire -> power magic pro -> dr400 hd2 power supply -> dr600

if that makes sense

also wondering if the overheating issues are gone... my dr400 hd2 has crappy blurry video cause of the heat, i took it apart to clean it once and it helped but the issue came back
also my dr400 doesn't boot anymore after i updated the firmware so i've just had enough with it so looking at upgrade options

thanks!

My dr600 does get a little warm but it has not caused any problems.

Biggest reason why I sold my DR400 when it was still working. All the reports of "purple" video because of the overheating.

So far I've not seen any reports of DR600's failing due to heat issues, the unit seems to run less hot then the 400 (from memory)

As for the power lead, I have no idea if the plug is the same. I'd just get the 600, and see if it will run. Should be ok I'm betting...

hi all, first post on the forum

i currently have a dr400 HD ii hardwired via a power magic pro

looking to upgrade to the dr600 or dr650, wondering if i can use the same power adapter thats currently hidden in my car's headliner
would love to have it as a straight swap of the mounts and then just plug in the dr400's power source into the dr600

thanks!

I just used the original power supply from my DR350 with Power Magic and it fitted straight into the female plug on the DR600.

For the 600, at least, the adapters are similar, the plug size is the same. I swapped out the adapters anyway even though it was some effort, as mine is also tucked into the headliner. I think you would be ok using the 400's. Note that the 650 has an additional cable to run between the two cameras.

a little bit of an update on my end
i purchased the DR600 last week and the power supply from the DR400 HD II worked flawlessly with the new unit :)

love the DR600 the video quality so far is good, wifi works good and the app works good
the unit is definitely bigger than the DR400 so it's easier to spot although the black finish (very sleek) helps hide it

not sure what firmware version i am on and one thing i do miss the the lack of a parking mode button that i had on the DR400
and just to confirm does the REC led flash green in parking mode, orange in normal rec, and red in event rec?

Yes, you have the LED colors correct. The iOS/Android app will tell you what the firmware version is. You probably have 1.00 - 1.02 is current.

i do miss the the lack of a parking mode button that i had on the DR400

The Parking mode is enabled after 5-10 minutes automatically

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackvue/id582928869?mt=8
Updated: Jan 23, 2015
Version: 1.517

aeAoc.png

Back