Blackvue DR600GW-HD (increased bitrate)

The upgrade took about 2 minutes on mine.

That's me got it updated. MPC is showing on the properties as
Bit rate : 13.1 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 13.3 Mbps

Yep that means it worked.

Today is the first time I will have a good long testride, so I'm very curious. First tests showed a definite improvement, let me know what you think!

Yep that means it worked.

Today is the first time I will have a good long testride, so I'm very curious. First tests showed a definite improvement, let me know what you think!

I've screwed it up lol.

Once checking the update had taken place, I then held the wifi button to format the SD Card. On checking the footage from out earlier, the readings are now.
Bit rate : 9 841 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 10 000 Kbps

Arrrgghhh! lol.

I haven't a clue as to what I am doing wrong, but it keep going back to the,
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 10 000 Kbps

Sorry, but I am going to require clear precise instructions in English to get this to happen.
And it's not trying my patience lol.

That's me got it updated. MPC is showing on the properties as
Bit rate : 13.1 Mbps

I've screwed it up lol.

Once checking the update had taken place, I then held the wifi button to format the SD Card. On checking the footage from out earlier, the readings are now.
Bit rate : 9 841 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 10 000 Kbps

Arrrgghhh! lol

I haven't a clue as to what I am doing wrong, but it keep going back to the,
Bit rate : 10 000 Kbps

Sorry, but I am going to require clear precise instructions in English to get this to happen.
And it's not trying my patience lol.

What i have done.

2. Download the custom firmware by Alexsoll
3. SDcard in computer, change language to Russian. SDcard in Blackvue, let it restart. Shutdown.
4. SDcard in computer, format, copy over the whole folder with the custom firmware. SDcard in Blackvue, let it start, it starts upgrading the software.
5. SDcard in computer, change language back over to English if you wish.

I was having issues with the time zone, as it was not updating when changed in the Blackvue HD computer programe, so i checked the time zone in the app settings and updated them from there.

On checking the bitrate again after changing the time, the bitrate is back to 10.

ANYONE?

Also, at the video picture quality settings, 1080 30fps etc, is this to be left unchecked or do we still choose which video quality we want?

Try formatting the sdcard on the pc and put the new software on it, and try to load. Hang in there, it's worth it! :)

And this was the readings when the update had worked correctly. So i was getting the 13 Mbs then i didn't lol.

General
Complete name : G:\BlackVue\Record\20150123_172200_N.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 17.0 MiB
Duration : 10s 896ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 13.1 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2015-01-23 14:22:11
Tagged date : UTC 2015-01-23 14:22:11

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Muxing mode : Container profile=Baseline@0.1
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 10s 896ms
Source duration : 10s 930ms
Bit rate : 13.0 Mbps

Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 29.552 fps
Minimum frame rate : 29.412 fps
Maximum frame rate : 30.303 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.212
Stream size : 16.9 MiB (99%)
Source stream size : 16.9 MiB (100%)
Language : English
mdhd_Duration : 10896

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 10s 768ms
Bit rate : 24.2 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel positions : Front: C
Sampling rate : 8 000 Hz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 31.8 KiB (0%)
Language : English

It seems to have rectified itself after i reflashed the sd card and reloaded the software.

I will keep an eye on the parameters over the new few days.

I am going to require clear precise instructions in English to get this to happen.
To claim you will be in store!
I don't owe anything!
will communicate in such a tone, return your donation and will close access! :mad:

aeB4u.png

Alexsoll i wasn't trying to come over with a tone, but rather trying to highlight the difficulty that I have.

It is a struggle sometimes to grasp what is being said, but that is my difficulty, problem, in regards to British Queens English and other countries broken English

I was asking for cleared installation instructions in case I am doing something wrong.

But at the same time I do not appreciate you misinterpreting, misperceiving what I am trying to say, then turning it back round and saying I have tone.

Underline and Bold was simply to highlight the section that was important to me.

But I am quite happy to leave this and the Russian forums if that is your attitude! It wouldn't have been harf to simply sent me a PM with your issues rather than making the issue public for all to see!

Your English looks good, but it is too short and not detailed, precise enough. I know they say the English language is the most difficult to master and i am not that good at perceiving what others mean.

Last edited:
So, someone tell me how to delete my account please?

Did you manage to get it to work Bonzo?

Haha you already did it! :eek:

To upgrade;

1. Formatted the SDcard in the computer
2. Copied the entire V1.003E_13mbs "blackvue" folder over
3. SDcard in camera, 'upgrading the blackvue', it restarts after +/- 2 minutes
4. Sample vid sais 13mbps, config files sais 1.003.

Have not yet driven with Alexsoll's custom 1.003 firmware (expect video to be the same, maybe improvements to audio?) will report back later!

I thought of trying the custom firmware so I registered on the site and donated only to find my donation was returned???

Wierd. Maybe try PM'ing Alexsoll?

Hi TooTall Yes I PM Alexsoll last Friday perhaps he has bee too busy to reply back??

Hi Alexsoll so where do we go from here to get this resolved? Is these a minimum donation, I tried searching the site to clarify if these was a figure but could not find any reference?

I've updated my cam to Alexsoll's custom firmware today and I must say, it's a HUGE IMPROVEMENT from Blackvue's.....

This guy deserves an award or something lol. I'll be donating again Alex. Keep up the good work!

Back