alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
Manual from TooTall: here
To access the firmware to read here: http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=30.0

afsYn.png

https://yadi.sk/i/-XrMGNPDfBiYE
https://yadi.sk/i/xXg54qf6fBiZB
https://yadi.sk/i/-xhb_zASfBiaU
https://yadi.sk/i/NWSRrhTzfBibD
https://yadi.sk/i/MVH8POeffBic2
https://yadi.sk/i/QXFkGXLIfBid2

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexsoll this is very good. Where can I find this firmware. Is it available.

Looks good!

Question before I donate + download on car-dvr.info though, is the settings still in English, or would this cause my settings to be in Russian?

Question before I donate + download on car-dvr.info though, is the settings still in English, or would this cause my settings to be in Russian?
firmware multilanguage, before flashing custom, settings to change the language to Russian and make restart. Тo format the memory card and place the downloaded custom firmware, wait for phrase: "Restart BlackVue" (wait about 2 minutes)

aewN4.png

after flashing the custom to change the language to English

aewNa.png

Last edited:
Result! Will post back when I do some driving and I get some real video's to test it out!

What I did;

1. Register + donate HERE
2. Download the custom firmware by Alexsoll
3. SDcard in computer, change language to Russian. SDcard in Blackvue, let it restart. Shutdown.
4. SDcard in computer, format, copy over the whole folder with the custom firmware. SDcard in Blackvue, let it start, it starts upgrading the software.
5. SDcard in computer, change language back over to English if you wish.

jl5qaw.jpg

Great job.
Your manual will add in the header of the theme.

aexBE.png

Works after a few problems, is it possible changing some of the settings 'reset' the custom firmware? I think when I select a different video quality it resetted the Blackvue back to original firmware.

Also, what brightness do you recommend?

Last edited:
Did a testdrive today, and it works well. When cars drive past you they used to be quite blurry and vague, now they appear crisp and clear much more quickly.

Best improvement seems when you click on 100% zoom in the viewer application to check a license plate, usually they were pixellated and unreadable, but now they're much clearer!

Result! Will post back when I do some driving and I get some real video's to test it out!

What I did;

1. Register + donate HERE
2. Download the custom firmware by Alexsoll
3. SDcard in computer, change language to Russian. SDcard in Blackvue, let it restart. Shutdown.
4. SDcard in computer, format, copy over the whole folder with the custom firmware. SDcard in Blackvue, let it start, it starts upgrading the software.
5. SDcard in computer, change language back over to English if you wish.

I have donated, but where do we find the download file?

When you are a donated member (and you have been verified by Alexsoll I believe) you go to the main forum index HERE and you will see a new "hidden" partition called "[Hidden partition] custom firmware / Russification Custom firmware / Conversion of language files"

In here you will find all the custom firmwares.

I would PM Alexsoll on there, make sure you give him your username and payment method / amount

When you are a donated member (and you have been verified by Alexsoll I believe) you go to the main forum index HERE and you will see a new "hidden" partition called "[Hidden partition] custom firmware / Russification Custom firmware / Conversion of language files"

In here you will find all the custom firmwares.

I would PM Alexsoll on there, make sure you give him your username and payment method / amount

Thanks, I have it now. Now just to get it on the device.

I think I have it installed, but not sure as I hadn't a clue what the machine was saying when it was set to Russian Language?

One issue I am noticing, is the time seems to be out by about 2 hours. How do you get the time back to what is our local time. Time zone has been set to Europe/London/ or Dublin but still seeing the time as 19:18 when it is in actual fact only 16:19?

Anyone?

I think I have it installed, but not sure as I hadn't a clue what the machine was saying when it was set to Russian Language?

One issue I am noticing, is the time seems to be out by about 2 hours. How do you get the time back to what is our local time. Time zone has been set to Europe/London/ or Dublin but still seeing the time as 19:18 when it is in actual fact only 16:19?

Anyone?

Its OK, got the time corrected to my local time. Now just to check if I have it updated or not lol.

Well it would seem that it hasn't updated itself, though I am struggling to find a file viewer that will give me the correct details.

Anyone have a link to where t get the video file viewer from please?

I noticed durng the firmware update, that the status ligh stayed at a constant Orange colour. Is this correct?

As once again, I had no way to work out what stage of the upgrade we were at as all the notifications being spoken were in Russian, so didn't have the first clue.

Does the language section have to be put into Russian before the firmware will upgrade?

Please more answers to assist in this issue?

I use Windows Media Player Classic player HERE

Play the video file, rightclick, properties, then in the tab "Media Info" you can see the recorded bitrate. As in this example;

aexBE.png

As for your language issues, just put the SD Card into the computer, open the viewer application, then the settings, and change the language back to English. Then insert it into the camera and let it boot, it should put the camera back into English.

Thanks Too Tall.

I am still having the problem with not knowing what is going on with the update in the car, as all notifications being read out are in Russian.

Does it have to be set to Russian, do you know?

And I still only have a bitrate of 9.85.

How long did it take to flash the update? I had mine in the car for 20mins and was just seeing a solid Orange light. I shut the system down, changed the language back to English, but it doesn't seem to have worked. But its back to me knot knowing what is being said during the update process?

Last edited:
What I did;

1. Set the language in Russian using the SDcard in the computer. Inserted it into the camera. Camera was now Russian.
2. Copied over the new firmware on the SDcard on the computer. Inserted in into the camera. Camera was now Russian, testfile was 13mbps.

This was basically following instructions. Like with you the time was off, so I inserted the SDcard into the computer, and changed the timezone, Language back to English, and I messed around with the settings.

When I inserted the SDcard back into the camera, it ran into problems, and it re-installed the normal firmware. Language was English. Testfile was back to 9500kbps.

I put the new firmware on the card, and without changing the camera language I ran it. It said "Updating Firmware" in English, and it ran.

Afterwards I had full English language, and testfile was 13mbps.

My advice to you is insert the SDcard, hold the WIFI button untill it formats the card and reinstalls the standard firmware, then try again. It's hit and miss, upgrading Blackvue's...

Ah that's perfect, thank you. I will go back out to it tomorrow.

I followed your own instructions above, but it was the language problem, with not knowing when you get the Updating the Blackvue, restarting the Blackvue, so didn't know if the upgrade was complete or still in progress.

Back