Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
DR600GW-HD_v1.003ENG(2015.01.23)_Windows.zip
DR600GW-HD_v1.003RUS(2015.01.23)_Windows.zip
DR600GW-HD_v1.003ENG(2015.01.23)_Mac.zip
DR600GW-HD_v1.003RUS(2015.01.23)_Mac.zip

1. FOTA Upgrade support

1) Functional Description
FOTA(Firmware-Over-The-Air) is literally the function that allows the firmware upgrade over the Wi-Fi.
Your firmware upgrade through FOTA function on BlackVue App will be easier and more convenient than using PC.

2) How to use
a. Please press the [Firmware Download] button after running the BlackVue App on the smartphone with internet access enabled.
b. Please select the model name and the language and press [OK].
c. Firmware information will be appeared on the smartphone, firmware download will be proceeded as you press [OK].
d. Please connect your smartphone with BlackVue unit through Wi-Fi when the firmware download is completed.
e. [Firmware Upgrade] menu will be appeared when you click “Setting” on the upper menu on BlackVue App.
* [Firmware Upgrade] menu only appears when the firmware upgrade is necessary on the phone.
f. Please transfer upgraded firmware to the BlackVue unit by running [Firmware Upgrade] menu.
g. BlackVue App will be disconnected and the BlackVue unit will be re-booted as the firmware transfer is completed.
h. The recording voice of “BlackVue will be upgraded” will be spoken after 3 minutes of standby(the firmware-unzipping time),
and the BlackVue’s starting voice(“Blackvue for your safe driving, starting normal recording”) will be spoken after the upgrade is completed
and the unit is fully re-booted.

3) Notes

a. FOTA upgrade will be available after firmware 2.004 version is installed on the BlackVue unit.
b. Please do not turn off the power until the system is fully rebooted itself, since FOTA upgrade takes about 6 minutes.

2. Reduced audio recording noise

Last edited:
So basically this adds FOTA support and further reduces the audio recording noise?

I'm not touching firmware from Blackvue (can't miss the improved framerate from the custom firmware :D ) but I'd be interested in the audio improvements...

And once again, using the "recommended" method of formatting the card first with SDFormatter results in "Please check the SD Card!" after copying over the Blackvue folder. As with 1.002, the solution is to format/initialize the card in the camera and then copy over the folder.

Recommended:

4f8bfc46aa64.png

Seems odd that that should be necessary. I am hoping that the wireless firmware update feature means I don't have to do that in the future. It's annoying enough that I have to reset all the settings.

My findings after todays testride with Alexsoll's custom 1.003 firmware with 13mbps video;

V: Unchanged from my previous 1.002 custom firmware
A: Improvement in audio recording of conversations in the car

I'm curious about the FOTA update. If alexsoll is correct it will be available only after v2.04 is already installed on the dashcam -- should that be v1.04?

In the mean time in order to update one must have a uSD card that's formatted in the dashcam, then copy over the "Blackvue" folder within the update zip file. However, it looks to me that all you need to copy over is the "System" folder with the "Update" sub folder and the other files within the system folder.

I'm still trying to figure out how to completely disable the G-sesnor as no setting I've tried seems to work.

Brian

Trying to upgrade the firmware. Followed the above steps. Downloaded the update on my smartphone. Then connected to the cam via wifi. I don't get no settings. So click firmware update again and says connect to wifi not camera. I'm so confused by all of this

The easiest way to upgrade the firmware is to download the firmware on either your Mac or PC, copy the firmware onto the SD card, and insert the SD card into the camera. The camera will automatically detect the new firmware and perform the update seamlessly. The whole process should take around 2 minutes.

The easiest way to upgrade the firmware is to download the firmware on either your Mac or PC, copy the firmware onto the SD card, and insert the SD card into the camera. The camera will automatically detect the new firmware and perform the update seamlessly. The whole process should take around 2 minutes.

Agreed................very easy this way

Yes it I don't have a PC, laptop or Mac.

Or borrow one. From what I understand, the ability to load firmware from the app is new in 1.003, which is the current version. Going forward you should be able to use the app.

If you use the iOS Blackvue APP, and go to firmware download for DR600GW-HD in the app, you will see this:
[V1.004]
*This is a test firmware
Do not download

1. System Stabilizing

Weird huh...

Looks like they might have accidentally released the 1.004 version. Or they forgot to remove the mobile "test"-label from their mobile version.

I'm late to the party, but I've just got to ask. Is 1.004 finally released? Its what I have on my new DR600GW-HD. I hope its the right/supported version. :D

Back