BlackVue DR650-1CH low bitrate

Maybe someone can try loading the 2CH firmware on the 1CH and see what happens.

I cannot find 1.009 anywhere. I'm currently on 1.003 (what it came with) One thing i noticed is the file size was bigger at 720p compared to 1080p and was less pixelated at 720p.

I don't understand how changing the firmware version in a .bin file will actually get me version 1.09 (if it exists)

There was a thread a few months ago, from someone with a lot more knowledge than me, advising just that. Presumably it changes the firmware already stored in the camera.

I've read somewhere the upgrade versions work for both 1 and 2 CH. Also, on reflection, editing the .bin file only works if you are going back to an earlier version.

so i can use the 2ch 1.009 firmware on the 1ch camera? What were the improvements? Thx

I think.. the 1.009 version of firmware was for the 1 channel camera. I doubt a version designed for the 2 channel cameras would work on the 1 channel.. but I really do not know.. It would make sense for the firmware to check and confirm it is being installed into a correct and capable camera.

I will try installing the one john linked to my 1ch dr650 and let you know.

Back