Blackvue dr650 2ch VS: Some with hidden recorder?

Samoht

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi There.

Right now i have the Blackvue dr550 2ch. Im looking at the 650 2ch with the cloud storage/live view.
But, what should i buy? I think the Koonlung k1 is great because you can hide the recorder in the car so it wont be stolen. But there is still a problem with the sound.?
I mean. The SD card in the Blackvue is inside the front camara, and i really like it to be hidden.
So right now im in to upgrade to the dr650 2ch because all of its features. But the only thing im missing is the "recorder" to be hidden.

Any sugestions ?

Kind Regards.

Basically you need remote lens dashcam system, right ?
Below is my Street Guardian SGZC12RC sample set-up 1,2,4 channel option.

X1 Mounted In Car (1).jpg

X1 Mounted In Car (2).jpg

SGZC12RC V2 (3).jpg

SGZC12RC V2 (4).jpg
#
SGZC12RC V2 (5).jpg

And if you are good in DIY, then you can use optional SGRCWPC camera and create something similar to what @IronMan did HERE

img_5019_1600-png.20344

But how is it 2 ch camera.... front and rear ?
And wifi?

K1 allso dont have the best footage, it use a pretty low bitrate.
Somthing better but otherwise simmilar to the k1 should come out during 2016, there is ppl lurking in the shadows that do learn from the mistakes of others, and is brewing on ther own dual camera system.

ATM you are best off with 2 single cameras, and for the rear one you can easy make do with the little cheap mobius.

The 650 isent too bad in daytime footage, but it suffer at night, but that in turn can be bettered a little with custom firmware made by some Russian guy.
Allso ( corect me if i am wrong ) i allso seem to remember a little heat releated focus shifting.

The SGZC12RC niko mention, and sell in the EU country he live in, is about as stealthy as it get at the moment, it allso have the optimal combination of hardware not least the CMOS sensor.
Only "downside" is that it dont have GPS, but really you dont need that, its allso a brand that like niko have a zero BS customer care and warrenty.

If i was you and your current camera is working allright, i would just get a little mobius for the rear now, and then buy a cool dual channel kit whan they come out some time during the year.
Just get the capasitor kit for the mobius, then when you are done with it in the car you can put the battery back in and have a cool little action camera.

PS. there is a fjew of the current dual cameras that do fine footage, but they have other drawbacks like huge front unit and can be picky about which memorycards they like to work with.

There should be a fjew comparisons of the 650 to other high end cameras in here.

WiFi for me personally is the very last thing on my dashcam "wish-list". Mainly it's for aiming dashcam, settings and video download. With SGZC12RC you have access to menu and aiming camera via touch-screen, and downloading files via WiFi takes ages ( for large files ). Me personally can take out memory card, use OTG USB stick and download files to phone much quicker than via WiFI. But of course if WiFi for you it's priority, I respect your choice.

There are no such multichannel dashcam system out there yet that would meet all your needs and which would produce high quality video recording. You need to drop some of your priorities.

If priority is:
i really like it to be hidden.

and high video quality, then SGZC12RC is the only one out there at the moment which is based on supercaps and has pre-buffer recording ( if this is also important for you ) ?

But how is it 2 ch camera.... front and rear ?

Ultimate PRO-2 set has everything you need for 2Ch system. You get 2 x 1080p / 30Fps / High bit-rate.

A RC Ultimate PRO-2.jpg

And dont be scared by the "large" main unit, its really not that large, you can easy stash 2 of them under your driver seat if you like them there.
Just have to stash the headunit where you can get a hold of it when you need to get footage of the memory card.

If the cloud thing is for uploading all your dashcam data, well then forget it unless you drive with constant 4G connection and have unlimited data on your phone, a dashcam generate about 300 - 400 megabytes of data for each 3 minutes you drive, if you have 2 cameras thats about 6-800 MB of data you have to upload every 3 minutes, thats over 250 MB every minute you drive with your 2 cameras.

O and if i have not said it before, velkommen til dashcamtalk

Yeah, technology , or options of even 4G for dashcam users is not practical yet. I have so called "ulimited mobile phone data plan", but if you read fine-print, they say "fair usage policy, 15Gb recommended".
15Gb is about 1 hour dual channel 1080p / 30Fps. So my whole month data-plan would go into 1 hour 2ch dashcam cloud-storage ? :)

Uploading event tagged files to the cloud i can undestand, but all your data is just out of here, even to just UL to your NAS server when you get home.
Okay if you take a bath and eat with your famely, watch the news and then the 32 Gb of your daily drive might be on your NAS, then if you have to go thru that manual at 1:1 speed you can spend same ammount of time behind the computer as you did behind your steeringwheel.

So forget "all" of the data you generate, most of it is just you driving, the only things worth saving is the things you have tagged by pressing the event button, or like me just remember where and when it happned and then get that 3 minutes or so off the memory card when you get home.

Its only the recordings of things happening you need to save, all the other data is only "what if" data where nothing happned.

Thanks everyone....
Ill take a closer look at the SGZC12RC...

I think. If i should get 2 camera (front and rear) then the "street guardian" will be too expensive
I really just need somthing like the Blackvue 550, or 650 2ch..... but i want a hidden recorder??

Back