Blackvue DR650 VOICE alarms problem

paata01

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I have DR650 2 channel, couple of months old, today I noticed voice alarms are very very low and sounds as if speaker was damaged, barely hear it, it was not recording sounds either, but tried restarting and recording sound worked, voice alarm still not working, I have 2.004 version firmware, last one. Sound was set on 100 tried lowering but nothing, Please advice, is it soft issue or hardware? had GPS issue before and soft updated fixed, this software is last version and been installed couple of months already.

The volume adjustments are in the application configuration "Wi-Fi & ETC Setting" page (see attached pic), this will set the volume and whether or not the voice alarm is in use when the DR650 is started. I find this easier to configure plugging the micro SD into my PC and running the full application rather than using the app which I think is pretty weak.

Also note there is a Voice on/off button on the left end of the unit, it is more of a sensor that turns the voice recording on or off when you run your finger across it (i.e. no mechanical movement). I frequently accidentally turn the sound recording off, I can't remember however if it also turns off the alerts.

Attachments

• DR650 Sound.jpg
    DR650 Sound.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 21
The volume adjustments are in the application configuration "Wi-Fi & ETC Setting" page (see attached pic), this will set the volume and whether or not the voice alarm is in use when the DR650 is started. I find this easier to configure plugging the micro SD into my PC and running the full application rather than using the app which I think is pretty weak.

Also note there is a Voice on/off button on the left end of the unit, it is more of a sensor that turns the voice recording on or off when you run your finger across it (i.e. no mechanical movement). I frequently accidentally turn the sound recording off, I can't remember however if it also turns off the alerts.
Thanks for reply, never seen this app before, can I run it without any app if I plug in Micro SD into laptop? in Blackvue C andoid app there is no setting to control voice alarms, alarm is on its just not working properly.

Yes assuming you're using a MicroSD card adapter and plugging it into your USB port, the Blackvue.exe application is stored on the card itself. You can find viewers for both Mac and Windows in the \BlackVue\Application\ directory. Run it right from the card, no need to install anything. I think the full application is the best thing about buying a Blackvue particularly when you need to review video footage.

Yes assuming you're using a MicroSD card adapter and plugging it into your USB port, the Blackvue.exe application is stored on the card itself. You can find viewers for both Mac and Windows in the \BlackVue\Application\ directory. Run it right from the card, no need to install anything. I think the full application is the best thing about buying a Blackvue particularly when you need to review video footage.
OK just got SD Card and checked from Viewer, settings seems to be ok, voice alarms still very low. (

Well if you have the volume cranked all the way up and it's still hard to hear then I don't know what the cause is. My second guess would be maybe the speaker went bad, hard to say. Make sure it's not covered up or plugged with anything.

I don't think firmware would make any difference, it sounds to me from your video that the speaker has blown. If it's less than 12 months old I would assume the warranty covers it. I've emailed Blackvue about a few software issues in the past and never received a response either. Your best bet is to go through the dealer you purchased from, hopefully they are an authorized one and can assist you.

I don't think firmware would make any difference, it sounds to me from your video that the speaker has blown. If it's less than 12 months old I would assume the warranty covers it. I've emailed Blackvue about a few software issues in the past and never received a response either. Your best bet is to go through the dealer you purchased from, hopefully they are an authorized one and can assist you.
Thanks, Yes it still under warranty, I guess.. bought it from eBay and they are not responding too. It's not that big issue, I can turn off voice alarms but company that claims to be number one should have better service.

Dream-seller on ebay? That's who I bought mine from, they claim to be an authorized Blackvue dealer. They responded to a firmware issue I was having but ended up not having the fix. If that's the seller you used I would keep emailing them until you get a response.

Dream-seller on ebay? That's who I bought mine from, they claim to be an authorized Blackvue dealer. They responded to a firmware issue I was having but ended up not having the fix. If that's the seller you used I would keep emailing them until you get a response.
Guy has it on auction, I think I got good deal only 300$ for dual channel 650 with Power magic pro, seller was Bloopro

Back