Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
BlackVue DR650GW-1CH
http://blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=27
BlackVue DR650GW-1CH English firmware v1.001

hcAU

hcAY

Hi Alexsoll

Can you tell me if the new DR650 1 channel is the same as the 2 channel version when it comes to video quality?

Will your custom DR650 2 channel firmware work on the new 1 channel DR650?

Thanks

I don't have it until
I have no something to say

Hi Alexsoll.........do you have a DR650GW-1CH yet?..................I have mine and it needs some Russian firmware.

I donated so when the Custom Russian firmware is ready let me know...............not BlackVue firmware................

I may go with the custom firmware late, but just wanted to know with the blackvue original firmware what is the difference between the 1.000 and 1.001 ?

Looks like the latest firmware is 1.001, I just got my DR650GW-1CH a few days ago and it came with 1.000.

I also have a DR650GW-2-CH and the latest firmware for that is 1.005.

Tks.

Can someone expand on the "custom" Russian firmware? I see a link to Russian firmware made by Pitasoft.. this the same but in Russian?

The custom firmware is a completely different version, not by pittasoft
Any links to what it offers? I can see a lot of room for improvement over what is offered by BlackVue

custom firmware is not planned.

One difference that I'm noticing from my DR650GW-2CH (1.005 firmware) is that the wifi access of the video files on a phone app is very slow on my DR650GW-1CH, I can connect to the file ok - but when it comes to displaying it is incredibly slow. The 2CH 650 on 1.005 firmware is much much faster and I had no issues looking at the files on this unit.

I have the same sd cards in both blackness, and they have been formatted in the same way on multiple occasions. They also contain the same amount of files (very small number due to being recently formatted).

I'm wondering if there is a hardware difference between the 650 1CH and 2 CH, or is it just the firmware ? (1.002 is the latest avail on the 1CH, and 1.005 is the latest on the 2ch)

In this case, behaves custom firmware might be welcomed :) Hint Hint !

Why no custom firmware for the DR650GW-1CH?......................it needs better bitrates badly

Something you may need to take up with Blackvue. If enough people contact them then change...may...happen. Though I suspect they will catch up to the rest of the market at some stage with new models to remain competitive. Alexsoll has done good things to develop custom firmware for the Blackvue lineup and I for one thank him for his work.

Something you may need to take up with Blackvue. If enough people contact them then change...may...happen. Though I suspect they will catch up to the rest of the market at some stage with new models to remain competitive. Alexsoll has done good things to develop custom firmware for the Blackvue lineup and I for one thank him for his work.
With my short time owning a DR650 1CH my opinion is that BlackVue is not very interested with pleasing the public re software. If they were they would have "some" option for the public to comment on their software and firmware. This (the software) seems to be written by a committee.. it is deemed "good enough" and that is all that is required. You mention software by Alexsoll.. that sounds like the work of an individual.. who is interested in public feedback to find bugs and offer solutions / improvments.

I'm about 3 years close intensely interested in, tested, participated in the development of custom firmware with all, without exception, BlackVue models, now I have abandoned this brand . Support = 0, the price is not comparable to the quality of the video, the constant glitches (in recent years). Good luck to everyone to use.

Back