Blackvue DR650GW-2CH _ (Custom firmware)

Also what is the best settings to have for WDR? Is there a way to have it so there is less noise on the video at night time?

Is the custom firmware for the DR650GW-2CH still available? What version is the latest and what features does it offer?

Can someone guide me through downgrading back to official firmware? I am on Custom_2.002_1.4_FR and tried loading DR650GW-2CH_v1.007_ENG(2015.07.16)_Windows but the BlackVue says "the model information is different please check the sd card".

I also tried loading the file dr650gw-2ch_v1.003r_from_1.5 same thing. Any help and instructions appreciated :)

Any help with this???? I can not up date the firmware to get the cloud etc to work!!!!

Any help with this???? I can not up date the firmware to get the cloud etc to work!!!!

If you have paid for the custom FW through car-dvr.info then you will be able to download an altered version for 1.3 http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=877.0 (You will need to be signed in). You can download this version, format your SD card, Copy the 1.3 version onto your SD card and then put in the camera. If should revert the FW back to 1.3 but will be in Russian. You can edit the version.bin in the config folder to say English.

If you get stuck send me a PM and I will do fresh instructions

If you have paid for the custom FW through car-dvr.info then you will be able to download an altered version for 1.3 http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=877.0 (You will need to be signed in). You can download this version, format your SD card, Copy the 1.3 version onto your SD card and then put in the camera. If should revert the FW back to 1.3 but will be in Russian. You can edit the version.bin in the config folder to say English.

If you get stuck send me a PM and I will do fresh instructions

Is anyone activating accounts on car-dvr.info anymore? I've been waiting almost a month to get activated so I can donate.

Is anyone activating accounts on car-dvr.info anymore? I've been waiting almost a month to get activated so I can donate.

message @alexsoll and he will be able to check your account, maybe your registration confirmation email went to your spam folder or similar

Waiting for new version of the custom firmware as the current one disabled the rear view camera.
Any ideas how to fix the GPS ? I've been trying for days.

I "thought" the custom software is no longer being updated. As it was developed long before the "cloud" does it work with the cloud now? Very confusing this myth of custom software.. One keeps reading snippets of it's existence but I have yet to see a direct link and / or specifications on what it does and what it costs to join this (evidently) very secret club.

Waiting for new version of the custom firmware as the current one disabled the rear view camera.
Any ideas how to fix the GPS ? I've been trying for days.

Are you sure it's the custom FW which is causing the rear view camera to be disabled? I am on custom FW 1.5 and not had an issue with gps or the rear camera?

EDIT: Sorry, It looks like any BV model made from April 2015 will not work with the current custom FW 1.5 as the rear camera is different.

I "thought" the custom software is no longer being updated. As it was developed long before the "cloud" does it work with the cloud now? Very confusing this myth of custom software.. One keeps reading snippets of it's existence but I have yet to see a direct link and / or specifications on what it does and what it costs to join this (evidently) very secret club.

The custom FW does exist (as I am actively using it). It was made before the version 2 of the FW came out with cloud capability. I also don't believe it will be updated any more as I read @alexsoll lost interest in the brand [source]

Forum for custom FW in [English] and [Russian]. Also a guide in english on how to install/use can be found here.

Last edited:
EDIT: Sorry, It looks like any BV model made from April 2015 will not work with the current custom FW 1.5 as the rear camera is different.
The custom FW does exist (as I am actively using it). It was made before the version 2 of the FW came out with cloud capability. I also don't believe it will be updated any more as I read @alexsoll lost interest in the brand [source]

I take it then that this custom software never worked for the 1 channel version so sadly it is not available for me... and with no more development....:(

Is anyone activating accounts on car-dvr.info anymore?

you were activated on December 29, 2015 ( you frequently check your email )

kiss_55kb.1454337373.png

Is there going to be a Custom Firmware for the new DR650-2CH after April 2015?

Is there going to be a Custom Firmware for the new DR650-2CH after April 2015?
And the one channel model? I thought I read that further development has been dropped as the brand is no longer interesting or worth tweaking

I have two channel DR650-2CH it should be simple to modify the firmware to be compatible with the new revision.
it already donated and I'd be happy to donate more. if he won't do it, I'll sell my camera.
The firmware makes the camera quality at night go from GARBAGE to AMAZING!

I want to run this custom firmware to improve the night performance of my Blackvue 650-2CH... I'm running firmware version 2.002 right now. What do I need to do in order to have this custom firmware up and running? Do I need to downgrade to a particular version and what is the best way to do that? Also where can I download the custom firmware and how do I install it, and where do I pay / donate? Thanks in advance :)

Thank you for the software. I just installed it running firmware v2.002 and your custom firmware 1.5!
My only problem is that the rear camera isn't working anymore. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Some changes in the config / system folder?

Edit:
Just read on the Russian forum that the rear-camera internal configuration was changed with the new v2.002 firmware. Just have to wait for the update to make it compatible again with the custom firmware. Going to donate another 25 dollar when the rear camera works again.

Last edited:
@alexsoll only replies if you donate. There's no fix for rear cam but he's still taking donations even though he knows the rear came will stop working. Look how many people asked if there will be update and got ignored lol

@Najeem I have already donated and have the custom firmware working. Going to revert back to stock software, because not having the rear cam working is such a fatal point. Like I said, I would gladly donate another amount of money if they find a fix for the rear cam because the custom firmware captures way better in night and that is my primary focus.

Sometimes I really regret buying this expensive camera that suffers night-performance and relies on russian custom firmware to make it work... and putting all the hard work wiring it with power magic pro, while I haven't had it properly functioning it yet. Maybe planning on selling it. Does anybody know a better dual-cam that has a good night-time performance with parking mode?

Back