Blackvue DR650GW-2CH: rear camera color problem

DR650GW-2CH

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dash Cam
DR650GW-2CH
Hi, has anyone came across the rear camera issue on DR650GW-2CH as I posted below:

This issue comes every now and then randomly. My first set was having issue and I raised this concern to the vendor. He then replaced a new unit for me.

After a day, the same problem happens again.

This is annoying that every time I start my travel I have to check the rear camera to ensure it is working properly.

Some say it could be cabling issue. When the issue happens, I simply turn the dashcam OFF and turn it back ON. Then it solves by itself without touching any cable. Hence I guess this may not have anything to do with the cable.

Would anyone extend assistance here?

I had the same issue with 550, but it wasn't so often as you mentioned. Maybe I had this problem twice within the year I had a 550. After I got a 650, I never faced this problem. Did you upgrade the firmware to 1.001 and try?

Yes, my replacement unit has been upgraded with latest firmware 1.001 (which has the extra features like speed alert, vehicle identity, auto restart after applying changes, etc). However, I still got the issue once in the 2 days usage.

Not sure whether temperature plays a role in this problem.

My car usually park under direct sunlight and everyday it can easily reaches up to 65'C (150'F) in the cabin. Therefore I never use the parking mode worrying it will damage the dashcam (i.e. overheat) especially Pittasoft never stated about the overheat protection in DR650GW-2CH.

I've seen that only happen once. It was after I first installed it on the first day took a test drive around the block with it. I never saw it do that again in the 4 months continuous time frame I've used it. Not sure what happened or what I did differently but it has been working fine ever since.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM OF AMBIENT TEMPERATURE 90%

The problem is not related to temperature. I tested the camera when outside temperature was about 0°C and the temp inside the car was only a few degrees.
It appears, however, that the problem may be related to WiFi. When WiFi is configured to be activated automatically at power-up, the problem occurs about every second time I start the car. After turning off this feature, and instead activating WiFi manually after power-up, the rear cam seems to be working each time, but I have to perform some more testing before reaching a conclusion.

Last edited:
Back