Blackvue DR650GW 2CH Varying video quality?

dwnhller

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone,

Was just reviewing some recordings and I've noticed that the video quality varies between certain files that are both from the front camera in 1080p and it seems to be with the first batch files recording during the day which appear more blurry, but the later files are clear and crisp which is how it should normally look. Using a Sandisk Endurance 64 GB SD card and a hardwired Cellink Battery to power the dash cam. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Cheers.

Same speed.. same lighting conditions? Same viewer? I have noticed quite a variety of quality depending on which viewer I use. The PC Blackvue is absolutely the worst.

Is the car parked in the hot sun? I gather that if the camera is baking in the sun and gets really hot, it can affect the focus. Once the camera cools down (windows open, AC on or the car is in shade) proper focus is restored.

Videos are being viewed on the PC with VLC. Conditions more or less the same. Car is parked inside in the garage where it is cool so temperature shouldn't have anything to do with it. As mentioned it's only the first batch of files that are recorded which have reduced quality, which is right after leaving the garage. Seems to be inconsistent every now and then. Will continue to monitor it and see if I can pick up any contributing factors.

I was thinking the same thing as Drdul but forgot that it's winter for you guys right now.
Are the videos you're comparing all Normal mode videos? (NF)

Back