Blackvue DR650GW-2CH Wifi failed to connect

dizy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem I am not sure if anyone else had this issue.

I recently purchased the DR650GW and I uploaded the firmware v2.000

I then tried to connect via WiFi to both Iphone and Android but no luck. I keep getting an error Wifi Failed to connect.

Has anyone else have this issue?

Nope, never have an issue. I manually connect to the Blackvue wi-fi then open the app & click SAearch wi-fi, my Blackvue is always there and then just click it and put the password in - never any issues on Android

isn't the latest firmware version 1.009 for the dr650?

I believe so, I have the latest firmware

2.0 was released today and ios app update is coming soon according to blackvue's website. Did you update your android app? I had to downgrade back to 1.009 to get it working with the app again.

For me, I have to wait several minutes after enabling the wifi before it will connect to it.

Hi Everyone,

I then tried to connect via WiFi to both Iphone and Android but no luck. I keep getting an error Wifi Failed to connect.

We would not recommend changing to V2.00 unless you're planning on using the Cloud for the time being.

Downgrade to 1.009 and re-try.

Last edited:
Just looked at the download site v2 is a cloud based connection and requires the car to have in built internet conectivity as mine car hasn,t got this I am going to stick with v1.009

Is it easy to go back a version should I ever need to ?

I updated today my 650 from 1.08 to 2.0. The Wifi stopped working so I had to downgrade to 1.09 for it to begin working again.

If you want to downgrade just connect the MicroSD to the PC, format it then download the firmware 1.09 from the website. Unzip and move the folder to the MicroSD. Then put back the SD on the cam and turn on the car. The Cam will automatically downgrade to 1.09.

I have the 650 from March 2015 and I wont be able to enjoy cloud storage :-/

Thank you for this thread! I was having the same exact issue. I downgraded to 1.09 and now everything works perfectly!

I spent the best part of yesterday trying to get version 2 to work as well. Mine is a 1 channel but evidently v2 is supposed to work on both. First issue was trying to find the app. Google Play list2 .. one I already have, so it must be the other one right?? Well"it" is nowhere close to what the manual on the same D/L page shows. Tried it anyway and nothing I could do would make it connect. Shows my DR650 WiFi available but nada as to connecting. All this effort using my Samsung Tab2 tablet.. so perhaps it works better or differently on a phone app. Fortunately formatting and placing my v1.002 (current last version of firmware) version on my SD card reverted back to what I had.

When looking at the settings available there is a new tab for the cloud and, there are a bunch that one may not be happy with.. all video is restricted to 1 min segments. WiFi is always on... and a bunch more that one would have to play with as their function was kind of unknown.

I hope.. some knowledgeable person can start a thread for version 2 and list the steps etc to make it work. It.. is supposed to be all about using the cloud but.. I am hoping it will also allow connecting to my own PC

I spent the best part of yesterday trying to get version 2 to work as well. Mine is a 1 channel but evidently v2 is supposed to work on both. First issue was trying to find the app. Google Play list2 .. one I already have, so it must be the other one right?? Well"it" is nowhere close to what the manual on the same D/L page shows. Tried it anyway and nothing I could do would make it connect. Shows my DR650 WiFi available but nada as to connecting. All this effort using my Samsung Tab2 tablet.. so perhaps it works better or differently on a phone app. Fortunately formatting and placing my v1.002 (current last version of firmware) version on my SD card reverted back to what I had.

When looking at the settings available there is a new tab for the cloud and, there are a bunch that one may not be happy with.. all video is restricted to 1 min segments. WiFi is always on... and a bunch more that one would have to play with as their function was kind of unknown.

I hope.. some knowledgeable person can start a thread for version 2 and list the steps etc to make it work. It.. is supposed to be all about using the cloud but.. I am hoping it will also allow connecting to my own PC

Being it is so new there will be some usability hurdles. This is why we have not released this version in our market until it is completely ready.

Regarding connecting to your PC.. if you have the cloud connection to a wifi network ie your home network or a modem, then you will be able to view from the Pittasoft online browser once that is available. But I don't think it is yet active or working.

We recommend sticking with the previous firmware version for a little while longer, and also speaking to your local distributor about any concerns you have so they can contact Pittasoft on your behalf.

FYI Pittasoft Korea now have a facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/BlackVueOfficial/?fref=ts maybe you can speak to them there as well.

Guys, upon upgrade to Ver 2.0, you need to register your cam. I was been told by my local retailer, they are still testing it and all DR650 series manufacture after April are cloud compatible by upgrade the firmware and those before, need to send back to do modification. So, I stick to what BlackVue Australia advice until they release locally. Don't rush mate.....

Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

Yes, spent two hours fiddling with this and then went to read the forum,
apparently in Blackvue's wisdom, the version 2.000 if for Cloud storage, I could connect to their new Cloud app, but not to the old IOS or Android app?
Resolved issue by downgrading to version 1.009, works fine.
Question for you guys?
1. How do you know if future Firmware upgrades are for myself and not Cloud storage customers?
2. Also, their setup for time zone, is not very friendly, living in USA, not readily apparent what time zone to pick, a lot of choices other than Pacific, Central or Eastern US time zones?

Where is the cloud app? I can't find it in the Apple App Store.

1. How do you know if future Firmware upgrades are for myself and not Cloud storage customers?

Hi, in Philippines I assume we are lucky. The local retailer send us message every time when there is a new firmware update and advice us to upgrade or not. For instance recent V2.0, they advice us not to unless we want to use the cloud feature and inform us there are few changes that we have to consider. I am not sure the rest of your local distributor.

Back