Blackvue dr750 2ch with Cellink Neo 6 problem.

Progen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm at my wits end with this issue, I'm having an issue with my celllink Neo. I have it hard wired to charge (without PMP) when I start up my car and the app is telling me its going to take 1 minute to charge to full from completely dead. It goes to 100% within a few minutes and then when i shut the car off it only provides power to my dash camera for maybe 15 minutes, then cuts off (battery becomes completely dead, I can't even connect to it with the app). I've had this battery since Jan 2018 and have never had this problem.... I've even changed the fuse its connected to and same issue. Is there a solution for this?
Something wrong with the battery? First attached picture is with the car just turned on for a few minutes and the second picture is approx 5 minutes after.

Edit: car off, NEO at 100%. If I toggle the input switch in the back to "OFF", battery shuts off and my cameras shut off as well. Toggling back on to "HIGH" or "LOW" turns the NEO on and cameras on. Input, if the battery is at 100%, should not affect the output of the NEO nor the power of the NEO, since it should be 100% charged.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190512-101400_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20190512-101400_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20190512-102050_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20190512-102050_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hey:

Have you taken a vote meter to the battery pack before starting the car. Sounds like the battery is not holding a charge

Mine B-124 which is similar, made by the same company, just different name, is hardwired without a PMP, works fine charges in 40 mins giving 22 hours park mode.
You do know you do not need the PMP to install the battery.

my mistake. no pmp hardwired... i forgot i took it out when i got the battery. i used to have it hard wired without battery and pmp

It would have been great if you had access to a hobby charger, they could tell you if you had an issue. It could be that the battery is full but going bad and sags really bad during usage which causes the BMS to cut power reporting 0% As soon as you begin to charge it resets and shows full charge within a few minutes. It could also just be a bad BMS but these are situations that I've seen with High powered Ebikes with very high current draw.

dang. well hobby chargers are expensive.... I've also tried charging it to 100%, then disconnecting the cable and leave it to run the dash cam and monitor the %. it goes from 100% to about 93%, then cuts off and fully discharges. I've contacted the vendor I got it from and since im out of warranty theyd only be willing to take it back to credit me $100 towards a new unit. Shipping would cost 70 bucks... for a total gain of 30. makes no sense... I would just buy another unit if I really wanted it.

Back