Blackvue DR750LW-2CH. 1080p/30Fps + 1080p/30Fps, Sony Exmor + OV CMOS, WiFi, GPS, 4" LCD,

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (1).jpg

About month ago Blackvue annonced their new model DR750LW-2CH ( FullHD + FullHD )

Last week there was an official presentation of this product.

Specifications:

FullHD 1080p / 30Fps + FullHD FullHD 1080p / 30Fps
Supports up to 64Gb Micro SDXC
Built-In 16Gb
Front camera: 2.4Mpix Sony Exmor CMOS sensor
Rear camera: 2Mpix Omnivision ( not confirmed info from Korean forums )
View Angel : 120 ~ 130
4" touchscreen LCD 800x480 pix
Windows 8 - stype GUI
Built-In WiFi
External GPS
Built-In voltage / battery cut-off

Relase date: end of June or early of July.
Price in Korea around 400 usd.

Source: Navinside, Naver, Danawa,

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (2).jpg

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (3).jpg

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (4).jpg

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (5).jpg

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (6).jpg

Blackvue DR750LW-2CH (7).jpg

Last edited:
Obvious omission of bitrates.

I also noticed they're replacing the 550 with the 650 - so I assume they're going to abandon the 550 support.

the front cam is a monster, won't find much acceptance in the western market, way too big

... " who cares" about size of dashcamera ?!, - look @ last pictures, - most important is The Girl ! :) . ( below is full size ).

10.jpg

Yep, get a pretty girl to hold the product - sounds like a good marketing strategy to me ;) lol

Today it started selling on gmarket.co.kr 360 usd. ( probably pre-sale ? )

Video fro Blackvue YT channel:

dr750lw_2ch_Features.jpg

dr750lw-2ch_Specifications.jpg

dr750lw-2ch_Super Capacitor BitRate.jpg

I'm not even going to watch those YT vids... as the 'example' DR550 videos didn't look anything like reality :(

It also looks like they've capped the max bitrate at 8? still not enough IMO, should be 10 minimum, ideally 12 (for me).

FullHD + FullHD 30Fps each channel 8Mbps. This is of course progress compare to 550 series, but still not enough for 2014y. At least need 12Mbps or best if would be 15Mbps per each channel.

Bitrate isn't everything, I'm sure they've had more serious issues to deal with, rear camera dropouts, radio interference etc, they need to work on getting the basics right first

Bitrate isn't everything, I'm sure they've had more serious issues to deal with, rear camera dropouts, radio interference etc, they need to work on getting the basics right first
I hope they learned from their past failures and those issues maybe resolved. Still 8Mbps would not be enough in 2014y to compete with others.

Yeah not even getting into the form factor, it's not really a western market product
I am not big fan of Blackvue products, but to be fair to existing design solution: at least they positioned lens not to the centre but to the bottom part of unit unlike many other similar style dashcams where lens positioned on the centre. So on this point I must give them a credit if judging fairly. Of course overall design concept is for Korean market, not for outside. St least I prefer stealth solutions, not the one that can be seen from "mile away" :)

Way Way to big ......

and I would love to know who is guiding this company on market requirements as they are not looking far enough forward IMO ... my 550 is ok as a recording device in terms of the design its reasonably stealthy but the tech needs a lot of work for this to become market leading really, THE NEW 650 NEEDS TO BE 10 MBPS minimum as well as resolving the rear camera issues, memory card capacity, wifi connection & speed, lens focuses issues etc its

Way Way to big ......

and I would love to know who is guiding this company on market requirements as they are not looking far enough forward IMO ... my 550 is ok as a recording device in terms of the design its reasonably stealthy but the tech needs a lot of work for this to become market leading really, THE NEW 650 NEEDS TO BE 10 MBPS minimum as well as resolving the rear camera issues, memory card capacity, wifi connection & speed, lens focuses issues etc its

If new range of 650, 750 will have same unresolved issues as past generation, - this means that their "developers team" changing only shell, and "marketing team" adding cute girl holding their product to promote product. Is this is a way to success ?
Anyway, its would be unfair to speculate at this point. Need to wait 2-3 month after public gets hands on product and give fair opinion. Who knows, - maybe mirracle happends ?

^^^ and THAT is the issue.... I want another couple of cams for my other cars, but I just can't risk shelling out another load of money on these products - I want one that works well, straight out of the box.

This model is mainly designed for domestic Korean market - not intended for international market. I hope that clears up some of the concerns people are expressing on why it is a large LCD.

Back