BlackVue DR750LW 2Ch - Only using 25% of Card Capacity.

Ady_E

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Pittasoft BlackVue DR750-LW 2ch Full HD
Hi,

I'm new to DashCam Talk but not new to BlackVue Dashcams.

Having owned a DR400G HD for many years, I have recently upgraded to the DR750LW.

The only issue I'm having with it is that it doesn't record beyond about 16Gb of either 64Gb cards I have. I have tried formatting via Windows and via the BlackVue itself but the result is the same (see pic below).

Blackvue Micro SD.jpg

As soon as this point is reached, the BlackVue starts loop recording over old footage. My previous model with 32Gb cards never did this.

Do I have a faulty unit or is there something I can do to remedy this.

Thanks in advance.

Ady

Unlike my previous DR400, the DR750 doesn't have the facility to allocate space for Normal, Event or Parking files. Unless I'm missing something, these are the only recording setting available for this model.

DR750 Settings.jpg

perhaps it's pre allocated and you can't adjust it, not sure

not really familiar with the model, just throwing some ideas out there for you to look at

DR750LW-2CH does not allocate separate space for Event, Parking and Normal Mode.

THe fiels are designated with last two letters as below :

NF - Normal Front
NR - Normal Rear
EF - Event Front
ER - Event Rear
PF - Parking Front
PR - Parking Rear

I'm also using 64 Gb Card and it works fine.

If using both front and rear then it will store maximum 12 hour data before starting loop recording.

Earlier I've tried 8Gb and it works the same way as 64 Gb.

BTW, mine 64 GB is from Pittasoft itself and 8GB was lying in my Mobile which I used.

Thanks for the info, Rakesh. It's good that you get 12 hours out of a card before loop recording occurs. Have you put a 'full' card into a computer to confirm it is actually 'full'?

Jokiin, I'll try a 32Gb card formatted by BlackVue and see what results I get with that.

Thanks again guys.

OK. The 32Gb Card, also a SanDisk Ultra works fine and whole of the card it utilised before loop recording occurs.

Blackvue 32Gb Micro SD.jpg

However, as I discussed to a different thread, I'm also experiencing at out of focus front camera. So, the unit may well have to go back anyway.

Back