BlackVue DR750S-2CH - Coming Soon?

Ontarian

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A119S
Has anyone seen a possible release date for BlackVue's "upcoming dashcam model"? The website's "teaser video" mentions a number of functions but is silent about dates. I'm looking for a 2-channel system and I'm considering Thinkware's F800 Pro, expected in mid-autumn; the BlackSys CH-200, available now; and of course the DR750S-CH.

Hoping to get them sometime in September.
We currently have a sample unit we're testing

Great. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Does this still require power magic pro, or does it have the capability in-built like Thinkware?

It still uses Power Magic Pro/cigarette socket style. I guess they've invested too much into PMP/B112 to do away with that type of power kit.
Would be nice to have options though.

Some video footage from BlackboxMyCar:

I had hoped to see better quality, but won't pass judgement on just this one sample.

Hm.. I can't tell the difference between this unit and Thinkware F800 with the exception of some minor color and saturation. In other words, the footage is almost indistinguishable from the F800. One Q though, does the Blackvue keep the GPS data file separate from the main footage file (similar to the DR650GW) or everything is stored in a single file like the Thinkware F800?

I am considering the DR750S over the F800 / F800 Pro...

Last edited:
It still uses Power Magic Pro/cigarette socket style. I guess they've invested too much into PMP/B112 to do away with that type of power kit.

I was told by another authorized retailer that the IR version of this one should be about 4 months? Any news on that? Thanks

Hm.. I can't tell the difference between this unit and Thinkware F800 with the exception of some minor color and saturation. In other words, the footage is almost indistinguishable from the F800. One Q though, does the Blackvue keep the GPS data file separate from the main footage file (similar to the DR650GW) or everything is stored in a single file like the Thinkware F800?

I am considering the DR750S over the F800 / F800 Pro...

No the GPS file is embedded on DR750S-2CH . You should definitely wait till some night footage is released to compare. In terms of daytime footage I don't feel that the F800 has any real difference from the F770, only in darker alleys/streets is it really noticeable. You can tell the daytime video is smoother in 60 FPS though, there is less motion blur.

I was told by another authorized retailer that the IR version of this one should be about 4 months? Any news on that? Thanks
I'm sure they will plan on releasing an IR, don't have a concrete ETA yet.

then why do the LCD models use direct hardwires? I never understood that. It seems so much better.

Chances is that the DR750S is a mere upgrade to the DR650S and Blackview didn't want to program new instructions into the firmware. Keep in mind the development of hardwire kit found in Thinkware or LG Innotek Dashcams require 1) a different plug from the normal cameras, 2) A new cable design, 3) Software; 4) new hardware. The cost of such development on cylinder shaped dashcams might be cost prohibitive or lack of space to implement the changes above.
For the LCD style dashcam it might makes more sense to implement those changes since there is more room (LCD dashcams are typically bigger).

I'm wondering if DR750S would result in better video quality than Thinkware F800 as it offers bigger bitrate + 60 fps..

I'm wondering if DR750S would result in better video quality than Thinkware F800 as it offers bigger bitrate + 60 fps..

We should know next week once raw files are posted.

"Thedashcamstore" put on the product listing that the expected release is September 4th

There are some videos posted on-line regarding the DR750S. As far as I know, I couldn't really tell the difference. It might be in the details.

I couldn't really tell the difference. It might be in the details.

And the same with most people telling a difference unless your into photography which I find more interesting as I learn more about my dashcam

then why do the LCD models use direct hardwires? I never understood that. It seems so much better.

I think it's a Korean market vs. North American market thing for them. I can tell you with the LCD screen dash cams in North America, they sell at about 1% of the rate of the non-LCD Korean dash cams.
If it were our decision, of course the direct hardwire route is better from both usability and installation standpoints.

Blackvue is still working on the firmware for the DR750S, as it sits the F800 seems to be better. The hardware is there though for the DR750S, just a matter of executing it properly.

@BlackboxMyCar , any chance that you could post some raw video from the DR750S? I'm considering buying one, but I would like to see its video unmolested by YouTube's crappy re-encoding before I make the final decision and no-one else seems to have posted any raw video yet.

I'd like to see the video quality comparison between DR750S and Thinkware F800..
@BlackboxMyCar any thoughts?

@BlackboxMyCar , any chance that you could post some raw video from the DR750S? I'm considering buying one, but I would like to see its video unmolested by YouTube's crappy re-encoding before I make the final decision and no-one else seems to have posted any raw video yet.

Still waiting on a production sample from Blackvue to run a test on, the current ones we have on YouTube aren't great as the car has a 5% tint.
I think it'd be selling the product short if we were to post the raw samples that we have right now.

In terms of straight up video quality the F800 looks better to me, especially the rear (regardless of tint)
You can see the smoothness of the 60FPS video quite evidently but I can't say it actually helps pick up plates better, need to do some side by side testing to really know.

It would be important to consider the other factors of the camera though, beyond just video quality.
If you are looking for a Cloud feature, Blackvue's is fairly ironed out these days it seems.
No idea how the Thinkware one will be but I feel like it did take Blackvue more than a year to implement the cloud

As per a parking mode dash cam I prefer the Thinkware (lower energy consumption, better notifications, better memory partitioning, timelapse option )

Quite a few of the things i have been part of testing on have seen some degree of changes before the final launch, and we are not just talking about upgraded firmwares here.
Joovuu was quite generous with test samples, so i got 3 cameras in total from them, and the 2 pre-production samples have died but the production one still soldier on.
I am not quite sure if the total of 3 sample cameras was a result of joovuu doing things bad or making a lot of changes, but that's how it was and i was happy to help out even if the x camera dident really end up as we all had hoped for.
Mostly i just get one test sample and that have been enough most of the times.

Pretty cool to be a part of such things even if i as a tester dont get full disclosure, and really i dont need that either as my technical knowledge are after all limited.

Back