Blackvue DR750S-2CH & DR750S-1CH Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have my review on the 750S series from Blackvue. These were sent to me for review by blackboxmycar so I appreciate the test units as always.

I know many people already know all about these cams so I won't go over all the details in this post, check out the video below. I will point out some of the things I really liked or didn't like/had issues with.

Of course I always like blackvues form factor, nothing has changed here other then the lens is completely black now too. My previous 650 model had a blue ring around the lens. Nothing huge, but a nice small touch. The cloud feature now does support up to 3 saved hot spots although I suspect I am late on that news.

128 gb card support is nice considering thinkware held back on the F800 and only the F800 pro supports 128gb cards. Even the $200 DR490 supports 128gb cards so I like that blackvue is making sure all their cams support high capacity cards.

The voice alert and automatic parking mode is great as usual. I did not experience issues like the 490 where it would switch to parking mode while i was moving slow in rush hour traffic. That was patched for the 490 anyways.

Of course 1080p30 in the back is nice, and 1080p60 in front is nice. But of course there is some bad. Mine seemed out of focus in front. Which made some signs or plates harder to read then other comparable cameras. I saw vortex radar did a comparison with the 650 and he thought overall the 750s had better video but did point out that the 750s did have harder time reading plates at a distance which I noticed too. Blackvue really needs to get some of their quality control... under control.

It may be a deal breaker for some people, but for me it really isnt. If you get these cams you can't expect the best video quality to begin with. I think some people like the F800 and F800 Pro more, but the 60 fps in the 750s does seem to help with reading signs and plates that are nearer. If you want the best video quality and best automatic parking mode I don't think there is one camera that covers both. The video quality is disappointing none-the-less here but I think at low speeds such as in a parking lot for parking mode the video quality looks fine. its just at high speed and especially at night where it (as typical blackvue fasion) gets pixelated.

Also from what I have seen so far the Cloud feature of the F800 Pro is no where near as in depth or developed as Blackvue Cloud.

The biggest disappointment is how well the DR490-2CH stands up to the 750S being $200 cheaper. I highly recommend checking out the 490 also if you are interested in the 750s but can do without wifi and are ok with an external GPS if you want gps.

I think some brands / cameras / models let the ISO run amok to get the brightest night time footage, and this are followed by noise in the image.
Other it seem to me dont do the same unrestrained camera, and so the night time footage dont seem that much better than the previous generation of good low light performers.

Personally i would prefer a restrained camera as even with the super bright footage of unrestrained cameras, your chance of capturing a little thing like a plate at night are pretty much the same as previous generation.
BUT ! even on a restrained setup you still get to see a bit more towards the sides, and it do make up for more relaxed viewing, but if you pause or playback slow your eyes will quickly see the extra you see are not worth much if you are looking for small things and detail in it.

But viewed at live speed your eyes and brain will be tricked to think this are sweet much brighter and better footage, but that's just your eyes and brain doing that they do best, which is making you think you see the whole world in perfect focus.

Back