BlackVue DR750S-2CH

Hi Henry, you are welcome.
Yes, you can rotate the rear camera view 180 degrees in the settings.
On the BlackVue App: BLACKVUE WI-FI > Gear icon > Firmware settings > Basic > Recording > Rear camera rotation.

Excellent.
The only problem I have is that when I log into BlackVue most times it says I have the wrong password - which I do not!
After a few tries it accepts the password??
Weird??
How can I solve this??

Henry.

BlackVue DR750S-2CH (v.1.003_2018.01.31)

https://autodvr.by/download/dr750s-2ch-v1.003-eng.zip

https://autodvr.by/download/dr750s-2ch-v1.003-rus.zip

WHAT’S NEW:
Improved image quality:
– Decreased sharpening for a more natural-looking image and overall improved details.
– Better noise reduction at night and in dark environments.
IMPORTANT: new Brightness Default value: 3. Since the DR750S Series retains settings upon upgrade, you may want to readjust the Brightness on your dashcam after upgrading (previous firmware version’s default Brightness was 1).
New Extreme Mode with 25Mbps bitrate for the front camera. Please note: file size and Wi-Fi transfer time will more than double if you choose this mode.
New Enhanced Night Vision setting options: On (Always) / On (Parking mode only) / Off.
New Wi-Fi Auto Turn On option (On/Off).
Improved Cloud hotspot connection scenario and fixed Cloud-related voice alerts.
Improved Parking Mode Voice Notification scenario to reduce false positives (such as opening/closing doors): the dashcam will ignore all Events occurring in the 3-minutes before exiting Parking Mode.

What does Extreme mode do? Will the video look better, less artifacts? Is it set to on by default?

What is the corect way to install this on the camera? If downloaded on my phone will camera update?

Last edited:
Still no software setting for image flip on the from cam?? sigh... it's been more than a year since this fairly basic these days feature has been requested.

Downloading now.

Reminding me, my friend just ordered 300/300 mbit on fiber for his house, envy is a hard thing to deal with cuz that's 2X my DL speed on cable.

The BV - 750 look much more noisey.
Hard to say about the 5 mbit difference in bitrate do anything good

A super quick update - on latest firmware in 1080/60 Extreme mode with no NV - Daytime, overcast... grainy video. Cannot see license plates... 10 feet from me ... while stationary!
Will try 30fps later

I installed 1.003 and tried extreme mode. I think it's about the same as FHD 30 FPS. Since 60 FPS is double framerate, doubling the bitrate and getting the same quality seems reasonable to me. I'll probably try it for a few more days but will likely swap back to FHD 30 FPS

I believe I also found a bug in the 2.65 Android app. If you have your resolution on Extreme, the settings fail to load and throw a config file error. But changing the resolution back to one of the previous options, the settings load just fine.

how to combine & PIP video from blackvue using PC? BlackVue Pro cannot combine video, Dashcam Viewer cannot PIP

how to combine & PIP video from blackvue using PC? BlackVue Pro cannot combine video, Dashcam Viewer cannot PIP
If you do a quick forum search, you'll see where I posted a script you can use with ffmpeg to combine the Front/Rear videos into a PIP arrangement.
The Windows dashcam viewer does PIP though. My script is for permanently combining the videos (for YouTube posting, etc).

If you do a quick forum search, you'll see where I posted a script you can use with ffmpeg to combine the Front/Rear videos into a PIP arrangement.
The Windows dashcam viewer does PIP though. My script is for permanently combining the videos (for YouTube posting, etc).
cannot use windows 10
already follow instruction in readme.txt

So I updated to the new firmware and wanted to test the camera with the new bit rate, so I set it to extreme. Here's the weird part. If I view the video clips of the front camera through Windows Media Player, they run just fine. However, when I view the front camera video files through the Blackvue Viewer (this is on a Windows 10 machine), it's like they're running in slo-mo mode or something. The rear camera video (which is supposedly running at the same time) runs at normal speed - in the same viewing window! Cycling the slo-mo button does nothing, so it's not like it's applying the effect inadvertently. It just does not seem to like the new bit-rate on my front camera files. This is with the very latest version of the Blackvue SD Card Viewer. It also behaves this way regardless of whether I feed it the videos direct from the SD Card via USB 3.0 or copy those files directly to the (SSD) hard drive and watch them from there. Older files at the standard bit rate look just fine.

Back