blackvue dr750x-2ch dash cam Parking mode how long?

Brozzah

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've just had a dr750x 2ch hard-wired in.
Would like to know how long parking mode stays on for?

The car is locked in my garage so no movement etc. Camera is set to timelapse mode and wifi is off. The low voltage shut off is set to 12v. I'm getting about 2 hours is that normal?

Car battery is fully charged as it was hooked up to a charger, then I disconnected the charger started and stopped the car to enable park mode.

Thanks

When I tested my 750x plus 1channel I got above 40 hours without voltage dropping to 12.0V
This is with LTE module and motion detection on.
Hardwired to my cars 70Ah battery.
After 40 hours I had to drive the car so I don't actually know how long it could last.

I get about 24hrs on my 900X-2CH. 2hrs is a bit short. Maybe drop the voltage down one?

Really depends on the vehicle battery's size and condition. Regular-sized batteries in good condition should last at least 8 hours.

The car is locked in my garage so no movement etc. Camera is set to timelapse mode and wifi is off. The low voltage shut off is set to 12v. I'm getting about 2 hours is that normal?

Car battery is fully charged as it was hooked up to a charger, then I disconnected the charger started and stopped the car to enable park mode.

Thanks
Hi Brozzah,

I'm having the same model fitted on Wednesday, hard-wired, front and rear cameras.
The car will also be parked up safely whilst at home so I'm curious as to whether there's any way to shut the camera down completely during those times.

Reading the manual in advance, page 67, there's a note that says : "... If battery protection is off, BlackVue will not operate when the vehicle is turned off (ACC+ off )."

I'm wondering if that means turning battery protection off actually turns the camera system off, in which case I could use that to avoid unnecessary battery draw. I'd just turn it back on when parking anywhere else.

If anyone has any insight t'would be great (I've dropped an email to Blackvue support asking the same question, but as a first time user I've no idea how quick they get back on enquiries).

There's not much more on Parking Mode than that. Per the manual: "There are two parking mode options. Choose “Motion & Impact detection” to save a parking recording when motion is detected in the dashcam’s field of view. If the G-sensor detects an impact/bump the dashcam saves a separate event recording file. Alternatively, if you choose “Time lapse” the camera continuously records 1 frame per second and saves recordings that playback at 30 times normal speed."

My guess is that Motion & Impact detection are the best bets for your question. If I'm reading correctly, it only records during motion or impact, so it's just sitting there until the sensor detects either event. There is a power draw, but not much.

Most dashcams you can override the parking mode after it have changed to that, by simply long pressing the on / off button.
No need to use parking mode when there is no need for it.
Myself at home i have CCTV on my parked car, and in general i dont feel like needing parking mode, but i am a tester so i must do that, but fortunately the 2 cameras i have tested have a build in timer, which i use set to 1 hour, that cover my shopping and at home i dont have to remember to turn off the camera as 1 hour is just fine even for my little car battery.

I can always up the timer if i feel like it, and the cut off voltage are set to 12.2 volts, which will have moderate impact on the car battery lifespan ( that is regarded as a 50% discharge and you should not go lower on car batteries )

I am personally using low bitrate recording while parked, so the camera always record just a lower bitrate when parked, i also have G sensor on while parked to log any actual events as the low bitrate parking files are considered as regular footage and so not delete / overwrite protected.
When using parking guard, your memory card can not be too large, for a 2 channel setup 128 GB is the absolute minimum, 256 GB will be better,,,,,, question is if your system support those sizes.

My guess is that Motion & Impact detection are the best bets for your question. If I'm reading correctly, it only records during motion or impact, so it's just sitting there until the sensor detects either event. There is a power draw, but not much.
In Motion&Impact mode it draws basically the same power as in normal mode. It actually works like in normal mode, only doesn't record (means saving files to SDcard) anything but motion & G-sensor triggered events.

Last edited:
There's not much more on Parking Mode than that. Per the manual: "There are two parking mode options. Choose “Motion & Impact detection” to save a parking recording when motion is detected in the dashcam’s field of view. If the G-sensor detects an impact/bump the dashcam saves a separate event recording file. Alternatively, if you choose “Time lapse” the camera continuously records 1 frame per second and saves recordings that playback at 30 times normal speed."

Maybe, I'll have to test it (getting installed tomorrow). At home the car is parked off road near trees and bushes, and I'm thinking motion detect and any bit of wind might cause SD writes. I think what I'll do first is enable parking mode, turn off battery protection, then turn off the ignition and see what happens. If that shuts the whole thing down I might use that method rather then pulling the power lead. I'll then just turn battery protection back on when away from home. One alternative might be to just set the parking mode timer to it's minimum and leave it at that.

We're semi retired, work from home as needed, so only require parking mode when out at the shops, down to the beach, out for something to eat - that type of thing. Rural area so most friends/family etc have off road parking if we pop round to them. It doesn't make sense in our case to have the camera doing anything most of the time, especially pulling on the battery.

Trawling the net it seems there's a number of people who'd like to be be able to power off hard-wired Blackvue X systems completely (or just disable parking mode without switching to 'normal') whenever suits. Hopefully Blackvue will do a firmware upgrade at some point with a solution - maybe another option for the proximity sensor (toggle parking mode on/off), or possibly a long press on the wifi button, or a new setting via the app.

Either way I'll work with any limitations, just looking for the simplest method really.

(@kamkar - no power off/on button on these Blackvue models, unfortunately!).

OP hasn't been back since the day he joined and posted this question, sooo...

Either he got it sorted or gave up.

My money's on knackered battery or improperly wired hardwire install.

Hi all !
I'm about to replace my dead 750S by a 750X.
Is is possible to view the current voltage of the car on video overlay or inside the menu on the app ?

Hi all !
I'm about to replace my dead 750S by a 750X.
Is is possible to view the current voltage of the car on video overlay or inside the menu on the app ?
No to both!

No to both!
Too bad... as Thinkware has this feature.
Reveived my 750X yesterday, resolution fixed at 1080@60FPS for front.
Any way to have the choice for 30FPS like before on the 750S ?? My old computer does not support 60 FPS :(

Too bad... as Thinkware has this feature.
Reveived my 750X yesterday, resolution fixed at 1080@60FPS for front.
Any way to have the choice for 30FPS like before on the 750S ?? My old computer does not support 60 FPS :(

FPS is fixed, unfortunately. Try using VLC player instead.

I already use VLC ;)
I've contacted Blackvue support, they say they had the same request and they work on the possibility to have the choice between 30 and 60 fps.
I hope it's true !

Thanks
The battery protection mode is a farce. It will kill a car 660CC battery within 48 hours, despite all the adjustable settings. If you park in a locked garage or where there is little risk of interference, I suggest you wire a dpst switch into the power supply cables. You can then turn it off completely but still have it operating when parked on the street.

Back