Blackvue DR750X and Power Magic EZ, close up look

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
This week at SEMA, Blackvue has announced a couple new products including the DR750X and the Power Magic EZ.

@sweetchaos posted about it recently as well and I had the opportunity to meet them at the show. Here's my video taking a closer look at Blackvue's new dashcam and parking mode voltage monitor.

In short, the DR750X is a DR750S with LTE. The case has been physically redesigned as well. It's larger to give room for the LTE chip and antennas and features more vent holes to help avoid overheating. The main story though, of course, is the fact that you'll be able to pop in a Verizon SIM card and give it cloud functionality without being tethered to WiFi.

Blackvue DR750X with LTE.jpg

Blackvue DR750S and DR750X.jpg

Pricing isn't set yet and it's expected to land somewhere between the DR750S and DR900S. The launch is expected mid-2019, so around May/June. I'm pretty excited about it because I'd love to be able to check in to my car at any time without having to worry about WiFi hotspots. I don't need to connect to my car when it's parked in my garage. :)

They also will be shortly releasing the Power Magic EZ which is essentially a Power Magic Pro that connects via your OBD-II port instead of needing to be hardwired into your fuse box. It shares all the same functionality, but it's more compact and installation will be much simpler. This should be out by the end of the month or so, so pretty soon. Pricing is still TBD, but they're anticipating a little bit higher than the original PMP.

Power Magic EZ.jpg

Power Magic Pro and Power Magic EZ.jpg

PMP and PMEZ DIP switches.jpg

Back