blackvue dr900 vs iRoad tx9

xtropodx

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So in the market for replacing our old dashcam & wondering what I should get. I'm torn between the blackvue & iroad.

Is there any reason why dr900 would be better than tx9 or visa versa?

Thanks.

Right, so as of now TX9 better choice? Can't seem to find any reviews on it anywhere.

Very hard to find a review on that which doesn't look like an advert, I did find one though: https://www.productreview.com.au/p/iroad-tx9.html , -5 stars :D

Nice to see one of the newer sensors being used but even though the front camera has 60% more resolution than 1080 cameras, looks like most of that gets used up by a wider field of view.

Might be better to look at the more frequently recommended dual cameras such as the SG9663DC or A129.

Last edited:
Not exactly a glowing review, seemed more focused on the lack of support rather than the product itself, the hardware I guess is meant to impress based on the numbers but it struggles in low light situations like other high megapixel sensors do, that aside it's not at all discreet and that's a potential issue depending on where you leave your car

Not exactly a glowing review, seemed more focused on the lack of support rather than the product itself, the hardware I guess is meant to impress based on the numbers but it struggles in low light situations like other high megapixel sensors do, that aside it's not at all discreet and that's a potential issue depending on where you leave your car
It is only medium megapixel, 5MP is a long way from the 8MP of 4K,

Always going to be hard to compete in low light when your pixels are only 1/3rd the size, even if you leave the CPL off because it doesn't have one or any way to fit one, it is still at a disadvantage.

6.82mp sensor but they're not using the full resolution capabilities for whatever reason, the form factor is the same as the IMX291 but the pixels in the IMX291 are almost double the size, don't need to tell you what kind of difference that makes to the low light performance

6.82mp sensor but they're not using the full resolution capabilities for whatever reason, the form factor is the same as the IMX291 but the pixels in the IMX291 are almost double the size, don't need to tell you what kind of difference that makes to the low light performance
IMX 291 = 2.9 µm² pixels
IMX 326 = 1.62 µm² pixels

2.9² / 1.62² = 3.2 x the light gathering area...

Back