Blackvue DR900S-1CH recording upside down

louie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a DR900S0-1CH in January and have had no problems for the last 5 months with it until now. The camera is fitted correctly and I am using the latest firmware and software to view the contents in a Win 10 64 bit ultrabook. I have been using a genuine Sandisk Ultra A1 128 gb card. I have two of these cards one as a back up. The back up card does exactly the same thing it records everything upside down. The camera was originally supplied with a ridiculous Blackvue 16gb card. I have been in touch with Blackvue support and they do not recommend using anything other than a Blackvue sd microcard. The problem here is the phenomenal cost of a 128 gb card which is nearly £200 on Amazon. I have just ordered a Samsung micro sd 64 gb Pro Endurance to see how if it cures the problem. The Blackvue playback software does not excite me as many of the icons are greyed out including the most important one which flips the video. The only ones that seem to work are full screen and snapshot that's it. Any suggestions would be gratefully received as this is not a cheap dashcam and I do not want spend a fortune on sd cards just to get this to work properly. I think its a firmware issue or it just could be a camera fault.

I don't know what exactly it does but what about "Front camera rotation" option in the "Basic"->"Recording" section of the settings in the app?

And there is "frontrotate="option in the config.ini file created in the SDcard as well.

I don't know what exactly it does but what about "Front camera rotation" option in the "Basic"->"Recording" section of the settings in the app?

And there is "frontrotate="option in the config.ini file created in the SDcard as well.
Hi
The really weird thing after I set the option to NO for do not rotate in the Firmware configuration and save that option after I stick the dashcam back in its holder it works OK but it switches that rotate option to YES and it does the same with the backup card. The whole arrangement worked fine till last week. It’s as if the firmware won’t keep the saved setting and all videos are recorded upside down.

Back