Blackvue DR900S-2CH and Power Magic Ultra Battery Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, been waiting for this one for quite a while. Blackvue did send this and the power magic ultra to me for review, it just took awhile.

Its a really long review so I will list times for sections below. This camera tho is my favorite dash cam now hands down. I was always a blackvue fan in the past when I first got into dash cams because I really like having a good parking mode. The past few years thinkware had won me over with the F770 then the F800 Pro, but at this point the DR900S-2CH pretty much checks off every point at being the best or near the best.

For one, the 4k footage with h.265 looks fantastic.... at least during the day. It definitely looks darker at night than the dr750 series, but I would not trade this for the dr750. I doubted blackvue when they claimed the 4k footage with h.265 would have smaller file sizes than the 1080p of the 750 series but they really deliver.

Another thing is the cloud. Blackvue has been the best at the cloud and its gotten better since i reviewed it at launch. Even better you can get a hotspot from freedompop in the US for $10, and use the FREE plan for 200mb a month and bam you got a hotspot that costs $0 monthly to get blackvue cloud notifications.

In general I love this cam, but obviously it is expensive. It starts at $480 (you can use coupon code "USDASH30" at blackboxmycar.com for $30 off orders over $300) but if you can afford it, especially with the power magic ultra ($300) it is the ultimate setup IMO.

Introduction, Features & Specs: 0:48
Video Samples: 4:18
Unboxing: 6:11
Hardwiring and Battery Solutions: 10:10
Parking Mode: 14:42
Setup & Operation: 16:06
WiFi Android/iOS App Walkthrough: 20:32
How to get FREE mobile hotspot for your car: 28:18
Cloud App Walkthrough: 30:55
Conclusion: 33:41

Back