BlackVue DR900s-2ch ... Audio recording off ....then.... Starting audio recording.

GPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My BlackVue DR900s-2ch keeps saying Audio recording off ....then will say .... Starting audio recording is there a fault does anyone know ? . It's very annoying as is keeps saying Audio recording off .... Starting audio recording. I have just installed the newest update 1.009
and still the same problem.

What about the proximity sensor? Couldn't be a mount location the issue? (something near to proximity sensor triggers the audio-on/off function)

blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-2ch-button-proximity-sensor.jpg

Sorry not sure what you mean and where the proximity sensor is. The dashcam is fitted at the top and centre of my windscreen . I have a peugeot 3008.

The default functionality of the proximity sensor(above) is to be able to turn on/off audio recording. If there is something near to this optical sensor, it acts like a push-button.

Try the dashcam in your hand (removed from the mount), if the problem persists.

Thank you I will try this . Looking at the optical sensor there is nothing near to it.

Then some light interference (from rain sensor?) could by the problem (just guessing). You can try also to change the function to "Manual recording" if it's just a software issue (and change it back, if you want).

There is also an option for what it does, mine is set for manual recording.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

@GPR. Take it back to the vendor as faulty.

Have you left the protective film over the end of the camera?
this could interfere with the proximity sensor.

Back