Blackvue DR900S - 2CH

I’m using Vimeo now, though I was using YouTube prior and of course it was shown at 720p that made the video/lmages look bad. I’m still learning about how to update a proper video and image. I do not have a computer jest an iPad. My excuse and I’m sticking by it o_O

Last edited:
Original video file example uploaded to Youtube at 4k

I uploaded mine to YouTube at 4K but it was only shown at 360, not 4K. Another time I uploaded anther 4K to YouTube and it was only 720p. Go figure. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your YouTube video then click on video Quality and see what is selected by youtube

The camera is pointing slightly to the right, could it be the curvature of the glass causing the soft image on the right hand side? Try recording a video out of the car without the camera recording through glass and see how it looks.

Got my DR900S 2Ch replaced today, I am pleased that the image quality is noticeably sharper than the previous camera. Also having a polarising filer also helps!

I am highly disappointed by the nightvision capabilities of the 900
Here are 2 pictures of a 750 and a 900 next together in the same conditions.
Also check this youtube video

Attachments

• ef41dfc3-09a3-4b78-8a61-ffade5411957.jpg
    ef41dfc3-09a3-4b78-8a61-ffade5411957.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 754b2c68-aafd-4681-a7cc-5ea34a74dacb.jpg
    754b2c68-aafd-4681-a7cc-5ea34a74dacb.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
I am highly disappointed by the nightvision capabilities of the 900
Here are 2 pictures of a 750 and a 900 next together in the same conditions.
Also check this youtube video

the individual pixels in the 750s sensor are much larger and capture more light, 4k won't look good at night

Original video file example uploaded to Youtube at 4k

That clip do look quite soft / fussy on the right side, the left side and the hedge look better to me. ( 4K on my 1080p monitor )

The night / low light issue Herbie mention are expected, you need more pixels on the same size sensor to make up a 4K image, and so each pixel have to be smaller and so less optimal for low light.

You can get sweet low light performing 4K sensors, but then its much larger cameras, and sensors the size of a credit card.

So I save $150 and But the 750 instead of the 900
Night vision is more important than 4K

Night vision seems kind of useless half the time on the 750 when you can't even see the plates.

Night vision seems kind of useless half the time on the 750 when you can't even see the plates.

I wouldn't say their night performance was class leading but it's definitely better than the 900 is with its 4k resolution

Well i think the IMX 291 based cameras make more relaxing to view night footage, but if you go over their footage frame by frame, then you will notice that the small stuff thats still something cameras cant capture at night.
And then there are the transition time between daylight and night that get pushed a little by the after all more light sensitive imx 291 sensor, but cameras are still far from where i would like then to be in low light.

Forget all about plates in low light, that aint going to happen unless we talk about unnatural slow differences in speed between camera car and target car.
Dont fall for the camera selling night footage that is filmed in a town with Las Vegas level lights at night, and the target cars are passing the camera car with 1 MPH faster speed, in wich case you can see plates just fine, but its rarely at those speeds you will need your camera footage.

Like this video.

Its like capturing plates left and right, but it is at super low differences in speed between camera and target car, so other dashcams can do that too just fine.

whats everyones bottom line census should I buy the 750 or the 900 ? I cant decide...

Just wondering if changing the setting to FHD 60 or 30 would better in low light? Compared to the 4K setting.

Street Guardian SG9663DC vs Blackvue DR900S-2CH

b986e35659e4.png

09155aef065b.png

c5e5c7c16b7f.png

e5676967ec03.png

Back