Blackvue DR900s Live view whilst parked

garbo500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Im looking to buy a Blackvue DR900s-2ch as I need a dashcam that I can live view sometimes for several hours. I am looking to use the dash cam with a mifi internet connection or mobile router to ensure connectivity. For battery power I will be looking to either use the Power Magic Pro hardwiring kit or additional Power Magic battery pack. My main question is when the vehicle is parked and unattended will I still be able to live view the cameras. I ask because an earlier thread said that when the camera is in parking mode any wifi connection would be terminated until it was back in normal mode again. I also read that parking mode can be disabled so could that also be a work around. Any replies greatly appreciated.

Nath

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A129-Pro Duo
Yes, LiveView works in parking mode without a problem. I don't know whether it's able to handle couple of hours but 10 minutes(free account limitation) straight not an issue (i forgot to terminate the live stream once :ROFLMAO: ). I can LiveView my car any time i want.

EDIT: Sure, sometimes it fails... (under certain circumstances)
Btw: If you are able to connect the dashcam to your/local Wifi, you can even view the MJPEG streams without the need for the app and without any limitations.

Last edited:

BlackboxMyCar

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware, BlackVue, IROAD, Viofo, BlackSys
Utilizing BlackVue's Cloud for live view will allow the dash cam's Wifi connection to a hotspot device / Internet source to remain on at all times, so no need to worry in that regard.