BlackVue DR900S - Multiple camara ripoff

Symo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have one of these BlackVue DR900S duel channel dash cams in my car and I really like the camera (even though I have had previous BlackVue fail prematurely in the past - I assume due to heat)

I am getting a 2nd car soon plus I want a dash cam from my wife's and my sons car, but as much as I like DR-900S I refuse to pay them a subscription to have 4 camera's on my single account. I don't want any more features or functions from my app that you get with the standard app other than I just want to have the ability to switch between camera's. I don't want the extra "stuff" included in the subscription. I have no need for it. I am happy with my single camera app functions and abilities.

I contacted BlackVue who gave me a whole heap of BS about the bandwidth needed to run 4 cameras costs them extra ???? (So, after they sold one camera to the world maybe they should stop producing them to save bandwidth). They suggested I set up 4 separate email accounts and have each camera on a separate account??? So how is that going to save them bandwidth? All it does is make it more complex for me.

So BlackVue, rather than reward me for being a loyal customer and wanting me to buy more of your product- you penalise me. I get less from you the more camera's I buy simply because I need pay you $19.99 every month to have 4 cameras on my account.

So - I am looking for advice on a good 4K (ideally) duel channel camera that don't charge a subscription if you dare own more than one of their products. I will need at least 3 of them.

Thanks in advance

there are no good 4k dual channel cameras, majority of what you see promoted as 4k is interpolated which rules them out straight away

Even i start to hate Blackvue... If you have an Android device, you can try apps like “Parallel space”. ;)

Yes, just set up multiple accounts and if you have an Android phone, you can set it so you can run multiple versions of the same app - so you can set each camera to each app. Bit of a technical way around it.

But don't the multiple accounts cost multiple subscriptions? Which is the OP's point.

Blackvue’s Cloud has a cost-free plan.

No, if you have multiple cameras on one account - you get charged.
If you have 3 or 4 separate accounts with 1 camera on each, then it's free.

Android has the ability to run multiple versions of an App, and run them separately. (using apps like parallel space, as mentioned above).

For example - if you load BlackVue app, then normally all your cameras would be listed in there under 1 account, and you'd have to pay for a subscription.
This way, you can load 3 or 4 different copies of the BlackVue app and just run 1 camera on each app, that way avoiding the subscription cost, but still being able to use Cloud features on multiple cameras on the same phone.

This setup is only really useful if you're using an Android phone.
it's not possible on iPhones, and there may be a way to do it on a Windows PC, but you'd need to look up how to do something similar online.

I have a iPhone, so cant do the android trick. Nor should I have too to bend some rule imposed by short minded manufacturers. All I want is the same functionality that I have on the free account for each of the camera's I have. I don't want multiple emails, and multiple login and all the hassle that goes along with it.

My company offer wifi thermostats for home heating and cooling control - I'm pleased if a home or office buy multiple thermostats and so our app is designed to have multiple devices on the one app. It even gives you more functions and control options the more devices you add to encourage people to buy more. BlackVue punish you and discourage you from buying more camera's. how stupid.

Being 4K is not a deal breaker - just a nice to have. So given BlackVue (4K) with all the hassle or another brand (Not 4K) without the hassle - ill take the no hassle any day.

Last edited:
Back