Blackvue DR900X plus 2ch parking mode issue.

prebaned

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
So hooked up with Blackvue B124X three wire.
2022 Tucson Hybrid LTD.

Works like it should, instantly goes into parking mode when ignition shut off.

When normal recording starts after ignition is on, all is good untill;

The car sits still for about 5 minutes or so then the Blackvue accelerometer decides to enter the cameras parking mode, then it will switch back off after a few minutes.

Extremely annoying.

The reason I used the three wire is so I wouldn't have to use the accelerometer parking mode trigger.

Anyway to disable the accelerometer parking mode trigger while still using parking mode.

Blackvue forms are non responsive.

TIA.

Hi all,
So hooked up with Blackvue B124X three wire.
2022 Tucson Hybrid LTD.

Works like it should, instantly goes into parking mode when ignition shut off.

When normal recording starts after ignition is on, all is good untill;

The car sits still for about 5 minutes or so then the Blackvue accelerometer decides to enter the cameras parking mode, then it will switch back off after a few minutes.

Extremely annoying.

The reason I used the three wire is so I wouldn't have to use the accelerometer parking mode trigger.

Anyway to disable the accelerometer parking mode trigger while still using parking mode.

Blackvue forms are non responsive.

TIA.
No, there is currently no firmware setting to disable the motion based parking mode feature. I've been asking for that feature in my BlackVue dash camera reviews.

Last edited:
No, there is currently no firmware setting to disable the motion based parking mode feature. I've been asking for that feature in my BlackVue dash cameras reviews.
Yep, that is really disappointing. The only point of three wire ACC is to instantly trigger parking mode.
Not what is needed when in stopped traffic.

Blackvue should have this option as one would think the three wire harness is intended to trigger on and off parking mode.

Only half way there.

Yep, that is really disappointing. The only point of three wire ACC is to instantly trigger parking mode.
Not what is needed when in stopped traffic.

Blackvue should have this option as one would think the three wire harness is intended to trigger on and off parking mode.

Only half way there.
All the 3 wire mode gives you is control over how long the camera will stay on and/or at what voltage it stops. But can't the sensitivity of the accelerometer be adjusted to a near zero value. Something i obviously have not played with.

Back