Blackvue DRG400-HD II... software in Korean

wardpr68

Reaction score
Hey,

I followed the guide on this website to install 1.01 korean firmware on my season 2, I then followed the directions to make the korean voice prompts english, that all went perfectly and I thank you for the guide!

My problem now is that the software on the SD card is the korean version of the software. If I try to install the english software for english firmware I get an error whenever I try to make settings changes and save them... something about invalid version.... so I cannot make changes in the english program... but I cannot understand anything in the korean version.

Any advice on this? I suppose I could just run them both at the same time and figure out what all the korean words mean... but there has got to be a better way.

Thanks for any help.

wardpr68 said:
Hey,

I followed the guide on this website to install 1.01 korean firmware on my season 2, I then followed the directions to make the korean voice prompts english, that all went perfectly and I thank you for the guide!

My problem now is that the software on the SD card is the korean version of the software. If I try to install the english software for english firmware I get an error whenever I try to make settings changes and save them... something about invalid version.... so I cannot make changes in the english program... but I cannot understand anything in the korean version.

Any advice on this? I suppose I could just run them both at the same time and figure out what all the korean words mean... but there has got to be a better way.

Thanks for any help.

Currently there is no solution for having the English software work with the modified firmware. If a solution comes up, I will post it here.

Dash Cam Man

Thank you DashCamMan. This website is greatly appreciated, I was beginning to rip out hair getting my season 2 set up.

I found way to make soft Blackvue DRG400-HD II in English!

sstep 1. Download English voise firmware from here https://rapidshare.com/#!download|630p6 ... |38906|0|0
save it on you PC c:\BlackVue

step 2. Download English firmware for DRG400HD from here http://blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.as ... searchstr=
and install it on formatted SD card

step 3. Replace folder c:\BlackVue\Application(step 1) with same folder from English firmware for DRG400HD (step 2 from SD card)

step 4. Go to folder c:\BlackVue\Config(step 1) and open file VERSION.BIN with Windows NOTEPAD. You have to change: 1. [software] model = 400GII to 400 and 2. [config] version = 1.010 to [config] version = 1.000

here result new VERSION.BIN

[firmware]
version = 1.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.010
model = 400
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.000
model = 400GII

step 5. Save all changes
step 6. Format SD card
step 7. Copy from PC to SD card c:\BlackVue folder
step 8. Insert SD card in to your Blackvue DRG400-HD II. I takes a few minutes to upgarete.
step 9. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkury said:
I found way to make soft Blackvue DRG400-HD II in English!

step 1. Download English voise firmware from here https://rapidshare.com/#!download|630p6 ... |38906|0|0

step 2. Download English firmware for DRG400HD from here http://blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.as ... searchstr=

step 3. Replace folder Application( step 1) with same folder from English firmware for DRG400HD (step 2)

step 4. Go to folder BlackVue\Config(step 1) and open file VERSION.BIN with Windows NOTEPAD. You have to change: 1. [software] model = 400GII to 400 and 2. [config] version = 1.010 to [config] version = 1.000

here result new VERSION.BIN

[firmware]
version = 1.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.010
model = 400
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.000
model = 400GII

step 5. Save all changes
step 6. Insert SD card in to your Blackvue DRG400-HD II. I takes a few minutes to upgarete.
step 7. Enjoy :D

Thanks Merkury!

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Back