Blackvue DRG400-HD ***OLD***

justice

Reaction score
i am trying to get a 3rd dash cam (nope there not burnt out or any other problems that you all have my ones work very well 1 from bulletdog 1 from ebay Korea and have done so for well over a year now.
any way why the old one you ask as you know the new mk2 is lower quality picture. so what it over heats turn the light off, that gets hot to start with, then get a drumel and start cutting slots top and bottom ??? come to think of it it looks very close to the new 500????? know i should have mad a paton on that design.

OR with the new speck 500 be better then the old 400? any one know yet ?

justice said:
i am trying to get a 3rd dash cam (nope there not burnt out or any other problems that you all have my ones work very well 1 from bulletdog 1 from ebay Korea and have done so for well over a year now.
any way why the old one you ask as you know the new mk2 is lower quality picture. so what it over heats turn the light off, that gets hot to start with, then get a drumel and start cutting slots top and bottom ??? come to think of it it looks very close to the new 500????? know i should have mad a paton on that design.

OR with the new speck 500 be better then the old 400? any one know yet ?

Hi justice,

Pittasoft is no longer selling the original BlackVue DR400G-HD so they are difficult to find. Perhaps you can find someone selling it used but that is a long shot. I imagine the 500 will be better but until it is released and real users provide feedback, it is hard to say.

Dash Cam Man

I just wanted to give an update on my year old DRG400-HD.

Early december I bought the newer version and took my old one to Ethiopia (I spend some time there every year) for my truck. Once I got there I wasted no time hooking it up and a few days later it started to have problems with overheating. I'm not worried though and it was something that I had expected. I expected to have heating issues because of the elevation of the city (nearly 8,000ft above sea level). Although the air is cool, the sun is much more intense than the summer in LA. My cousin will be making some modifications to it soon by creating vent holes on the bottom similar to the 500 that will be released soon and possibly adding a very tiny fan. I'll post pics when that gets done.

Back