Blackvue Fail W/Repeating Message

oldgoat99

Reaction score
Country
United States

The Blackvue is 2 years old and has worked flawlessly until a couple days ago it decided to be broken.:eek:

Can someone tell me if and how this problem can be fixed?

Thanks

tried a different SD card? that normally gets cooked in blackspews if they last 2 years.

Yes. When I bought the blackvue I replaced the SD card with a 32gb card and I still have the original. I've put the original back in a couple times over the last two years while I was transferring video to my pc and it always worked fine. Then after a couple days I'd put the larger card back in. It doesn't work with either SD card now. I also downloaded the S/W from the blackvue site too just in case it was corrupted. I'm guessing it's toast.

Same problem with mine! Formatted the SD card though I copied config and stuff back after full format. Any way to fix it?

You should have copied the whole Blackvue folder to the card NOT just the contents of it

I did, everything but the record folder items. After some research it seems the only way to salvage the BlackVue's from the Korean error message on repeat is to flash them using a special cable... :(

The Blackvue is 2 years old and has worked flawlessly until a couple days ago it decided to be broken.:eek:

Can someone tell me if and how this problem can be fixed?

Thanks
What language is that for starters Better to write what is wrong with it rather than just say its broken That can mean anything like you dropped it and it broke!!!!
Format the card and reload the latest firmware for the correct language

better still, just ditch it for a street guardian cam, one that has better quality and a LOT better video and is cheaper and doesn't need hacking to improve video quality.

My Blackvue is around 3 years old and I have exactly the same problem suddenly while I am driving one day. I will try to reflash the cam with latest firmware to see any luck. Will report back.

My Blackvue is around 3 years old and I have exactly the same problem suddenly while I am driving one day. I will try to reflash the cam with latest firmware to see any luck. Will report back.

Format the card in your PC and put it back in the camera. If that doesnt work put the latest firmware on the card and reinsert it. If that doesnt work try a different card as they dont last forever

Tried to reload the firmware via the new Blackvue SD card. Blue and red led lights up a moment and the red led stays on forever. No warning and starting up message whatsoever. Tried to resetting the cam by pushing the reset button but no luck. Guess the cam has reached its "pre-determined" death time. The cam has been used for 3 years with car mileage of 30,000km. Durability is somewhat not up to expectation.

Maybe it is Mine has been going for 4 years and apart from replacing the batteries in it have had no other troubles

One of my DR500GW-HD just did the same thing. I have 4 of them in 4 vehicles, all English firmware, and the newest one (2 years old) just took a dump.

Bought a Wheel Witness HP Pro but I'm thinking of switching my other Blackvues to Street Guardian or something similar. I've had enough of Blackvue problems over the years.

Last edited:
Back