Blackvue GR650 stuttering video palyback

Snurby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I am looking some advice as I do not want to be returning a non faulty BLACK VUE 650GW for something which might for all sense and purposes be down to the SD Card I purchased. problem is choppy video when playing back recorded video meaning it shifts forward in 2 to 5 second segments then it will pay normally for a wee while then do the same stuttering of video playback.

I heard some on here say that the Transcend SD card 64Gb will fix this issue is this true as do not want to be paying good money for another SD card if that is not the case.

Funnily enough the 32 SD card that came with my Blackvue is playing perfect playback which is almost unbelievable quality then since installing the 64sd scandisk it is all choppy.

My software version is 2.33+D-E

Firmware VERSION IS N: 1.0000650GW-E

Any advice would be welcome before returning this item back to the seller but just want to confirm that it is the SD card and not my blackvue. Anyone with experience please give honest advice and your input will eb most welcome.

Sincerely

Terry

It's best to avoid Sandisk in all DashCam products. They use a nonstandard controller plus there are many fakes. You will find many problems reported all over the forums.

Well the Scan disk SD 64Gb is genuine as it was paid for and dispatched by Amazon plus the serial numbers on the sd cards which are now impossible to see without a high power magnifying glass I got them checked against scan disc customer support who gave them the green light as genuine. So it is not that my scan disk's are fake or anything.

Thanks

Even if they are not fake, as I said Sandisk uses a non standard chip controller inside the card. Sandisk has known performance issues on DashCam products the way dashcam's write data. SanDisk works perfectly fine in a regular digital camera or other product but not DashCams unfortunately. This is directly from the developers and based on reports I've read over the last two years on here.

We recommend Transcend

Pier28 I appreciate all your input thus far, yank you for the info and for confirming the SD card is compatible sorry if my above reply sounded flippant it was not meant that way.

Sincerely

Terry

One more thing you can try before purchasing another SD card is playing the video on another computer. Some older computers might not be able to handle the HD video and stutter while playing it.

Kelvin

Even if they are not fake, as I said Sandisk uses a non standard chip controller inside the card. Sandisk has known performance issues on DashCam products the way dashcam's write data. SanDisk works perfectly fine in a regular digital camera or other product but not DashCams unfortunately. This is directly from the developers and based on reports I've read over the last two years on here.

We recommend Transcend

B'oh. Wish I had seen this earlier. I just had two 64GB Sandisk cards delivered. I'll see how they go I guess.

One more thing you can try before purchasing another SD card is playing the video on another computer. Some older computers might not be able to handle the HD video and stutter while playing it.
I had the misfortune of using the other half's laptop last week - I didn't even realise people had PCs that couldn't play even 720p videos any more but hers was terrible.

As a workaround there I just uploaded what I wanted to test to Youtube and then watched it back on the phone or tablet which could handle it fine.

We recommend Transcend

Hi Pier28, a few weeks ago I posted this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dr-650-gw-2ch-corrupted-files.7510/ because my brand new dr650 was giving me very disappointed video. Either they were unplayable or extremely choppy (OP's problem!). After many issues my hunch was that it was the SD card I was using and so I swapped the SanDisk I was using with the original one that came with the BlackVue. Now that I just read this thread, I am even more convinced. I haven't had a chance to test it out long-term but so far for a couple hours it works great. If this is true about the SanDisk SD cards and that is in fact why I am experiencing many corrupted unplayable files and/or no audio even though there was audio recording on and frozen/jagged video, then I will be EXTREMELY relieved to know that my unit is not a dud after spending so much $$$ on it. Also, I'd be glad to know I have the confidence that the blackvue is recording rather than thinking "I hope this is recording..." when an event happens.

Back