Blackvue GW550 2CH Front and rear camera with PowerPlus Pro

baconbutty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have this set kit set up in my Merc AMG carried out by Blackvue. However since day one i have not been able to have DAB radio unless i turn off / disconnect the camera. This is aparently due to to interference from the connecting power lead between front and rear camera's. To over come this BV has recommended fitting a new shielded cable between the cameras which i have done. Slight improvement. Furthermore they have said that ferrites would do the job.
My question is are the ones shown on their website at http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php/online-shop/blackvue-accessories/dab-noise-suppressor-detail designed specially for this specific camera (they don't say) or are they freely available elsewhere. I am not familiar with the fitting of these so if possible could someone also suggest the most appropriate ferrites to use and what is the correct way to fit them.
Talking with experts like yourselves and all those with experience may help me to resolve this irritating problem. Ideally what i want is to be able to switch from AM to DAB without having to disable the camera setup. Camera is needed all the time surely!!??.

Hope someone can help and thanks.

Back