Blackvue HD Window Resize?

Steve Thompson

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR650GW-2CH, Power Magic Pro
Hi All.

I've just had a new DR650GW-2CH installed. Working fine.

I've installed the Blackvue HD Windows program.
The window is quite small, a bit less than a quarter of the screen. I can't find any way to resize the window.

Windows 8.1
Screen resolution is 2560 x 1440

Is there any way to resize the window?

Thanks, Steve.

I also have 8.1, looks like this:

ahmf4.png

My Blackvue window looks the same, but the window is very small. I'd like to make the window larger.

upload_2015-6-22_17-39-28.jpeg

The question remains, how can I resize the Blackvue window?

The question remains, how can I resize the Blackvue window?

@Hillbilly might be the man to ask, I recall something about this coming up previously, something to do with screen res or font sizes or something, don't recall the exact detail but there's something there that it's impacted by

I've seen a posting somewhere saying it was removed in newer versions of the player software.

With that in mind it might be worth trying one of the older ones from here:

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/support/downloads/

It just may end up that the last version that let you resize the window may not support your camera though

My BlackVue Viewer definitely is tiny on my 27 inch iMac screen [emoji53]

I put the question to Pittasoft. Their reply was to reduce the resolution of my screen.

Dear customer.

Unfortunately. our blackvue viewer can support to 1920x1080. It is Full-HD screen resolution.

It just change your screen resolution to 1920x1080.

I’m sorry your inconvenient.

Thank you.

Sincerely
Pittasoft support team.

I bought a high resolution screen for photography and video but I have to reduce the resolution to work with Blackvue videos?
Oh well.

I put the question to Pittasoft. Their reply was to reduce the resolution of my screen.

Dear customer.

Unfortunately. our blackvue viewer can support to 1920x1080. It is Full-HD screen resolution.

It just change your screen resolution to 1920x1080.

I’m sorry your inconvenient.

Thank you.

Sincerely
Pittasoft support team.

I bought a high resolution screen for photography and video but I have to reduce the resolution to work with Blackvue videos?
Oh well.

Hi Steve

Thank you for your purchase of the DR650GW-2CH system,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the sizing of the viewer program on 4K resolution monitors,

We will definitely relay this information directly to Pittasoft management to request they consider compatibility with these screen resolutions.

Thank you,

I changed the screen resolution to 1920x1080 as Pittasoft suggested, but it still takes a little over a quarter of the screen and the video is still zoomed to just 37%.

Blackvue Window 1920x1080.jpg

I really just want to grab hold of the corner and drag it.

Unfortunately the Windows viewer is unreadable small on my 4K screen, even smaller than any screenshot I have seen in this thread. Changing the resolution does not solve the problem because the screen still is too small to read the texts. The Windows viewer is absolutely not usable like this. The dashcam DR650GW-CH1 is a fantastic device but the Windows viewer cannot be resized or maximized, can anyone help me please? Shouldn't Pittasoft be capable enough to make this possible?

Unfortunately the Windows viewer is unreadable small on my 4K screen, even smaller than any screenshot I have seen in this thread. Changing the resolution does not solve the problem because the screen still is too small to read the texts. The Windows viewer is absolutely not usable like this. The dashcam DR650GW-CH1 is a fantastic device but the Windows viewer cannot be resized or maximized, can anyone help me please? Shouldn't Pittasoft be capable enough to make this possible?

I believe their latest PC Player 2.54 Cloud version - allows you to resize the window.

https://www.blackvue.com/new-blackvue-windows-viewer-feat-blackvue-over-the-cloud/

I believe their latest PC Player 2.54 Cloud version - allows you to resize the window.

https://www.blackvue.com/new-blackvue-windows-viewer-feat-blackvue-over-the-cloud/

Thanks for your reply, but no this is the version I use (2.54 cloud) and it cannot be resized. Unfortunately Blackue Customer Support has reacted on my request with the message that the application has a fixed window and cannot be resized. They will send my complaint to the R&D department but I fear it will take some time before something is done about it if ever. Unfortunately the camera is top of the bill but the software in this respect is not. So if someone has a tip to resize the window as it is than I would be very thankful. N.B. Changing the resolution of my monitor does not do the trick.

Thanks for your reply, but no this is the version I use (2.54 cloud) and it cannot be resized. Unfortunately Blackue Customer Support has reacted on my request with the message that the application has a fixed window and cannot be resized. They will send my complaint to the R&D department but I fear it will take some time before something is done about it if ever. Unfortunately the camera is top of the bill but the software in this respect is not. So if someone has a tip to resize the window as it is than I would be very thankful. N.B. Changing the resolution of my monitor does not do the trick.

When you start the program, chose the Cloud option on the left, not the SD card on the right.

Once you are in the Cloud Viewer you can access data on the SD card that way and view it. It is a bit fiddly but you can resize the window. Please give it a go, cheers.

When you start the program, chose the Cloud option on the left, not the SD card on the right.

Once you are in the Cloud Viewer you can access data on the SD card that way and view it. It is a bit fiddly but you can resize the window. Please give it a go, cheers.
Again, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it very much. And indeed after selecting the cloud button on the left it is possible to resize the window but unfortunately the text stays small and unreadable. The text and images are not resized... Furthermore I cannot see the list of files on the SD card while they are visible after I choose the SD card option. I do not think this solved my problems, sorry. Is it not possible for you to try the application on a computer with a 4K screen? Than you can see it yourself. I have uploaded a screenshot of the cloud option, resized to the width of my screen.

Attachments

• CaptureCloud.JPG
    CaptureCloud.JPG
    338.7 KB · Views: 7
Again, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it very much. And indeed after selecting the cloud button on the left it is possible to resize the window but unfortunately the text stays small and unreadable. The text and images are not resized... Furthermore I cannot see the list of files on the SD card while they are visible after I choose the SD card option. I do not think this solved my problems, sorry. Is it not possible for you to try the application on a computer with a 4K screen? Than you can see it yourself. I have uploaded a screenshot of the cloud option, resized to the width of my screen.

Oh ok, I see know. Yes the 4K resolution would do that.

I would suggest sending an email here: taqi@pittasoft.com

They may be able to help. But it seems more likely you would be told to adjust your resolution temporarily (I know that's not a solution).

Thanks

Oh ok, I see know. Yes the 4K resolution would do that.

I would suggest sending an email here: taqi@pittasoft.com

They may be able to help. But it seems more likely you would be told to adjust your resolution temporarily (I know that's not a solution).

Thanks
Thanks, I have sent an email to taqi@pittasoft.com, hopefully the answer is not about changing the resolution...

Same as in the older versions Click on the left hand icon under the picture and it gives you full screen Hit escape to go back from full screen.
Works on my machine in SD card mode and my screen in 1920 x 1280.

The problem with hi res was when you are doing the settings If it was above 1280 x ???? the bottom line was obscured and you couldnt save your settings. Just alter res down and it was OK

This version seems to be Ok Have just checked and can see all lines OK

Thanks for your remarks. I understand what you are saying (I am an IT professional) but it is not with the recorded images I have the issues, the rest of the user interface is too small to read and it cannot be made bigger. The text is so small that separate letters are not recognizable so I cannot use the application. The application windows should be resizable and they are not. Pittasoft has already answered me that they cannot help me at this moment. The application is not usable with a 4K screen (resolution of my monitor is 3840x2160...). I am not prepared to downgrade my screen just for this application and some tests indicate that it doesn't work either, so hopefully they will repair this error in the near future.
With regards.

Back