Blackvue Live View Issue

Drewidecimal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Blackvue 970X LTE front and rear camera for my Lexus NX, they've been hardwired. The SIM works (Giffgaff), the SD Card works and when the car is running I can do Live View. Once the car is turned off I can no longer access live view unless I use the Lexus Link+ app to start climate or anything that makes the car active. Once I turn climate off again I can't access Live View. Is there some way around this because I feel like I shouldn't be needing to do these extra steps to access Live View.

Does the camera stay on and record when parked and the car is off?

I'm honestly not sure, none of the lights seem to be on when parked and car is off. Live Event Upload all seem to be from what I'm in the car/the car is moving. Also in regards to parking mode settings I saw it is set to record when motion is detected rather than Time lapse which I dunno if that's causing issue

You should check if there are videos stored when the car is turned off. If there aren't, then the hardwiring hasn't been done correctly for parking mode.

You should check if there are videos stored when the car is turned off. If there aren't, then the hardwiring hasn't been done correctly for parking mode.
I'm not entirely sure still. I decided to delete all existing videos on the SD Card and then I'll check in a day or so if there is anything. I read somewhere I should get a Multimeter and check the connection

Checking the SD card for parking mode videos is enough to move on with diagnosing.

Back