Blackvue live view on Samsung S9 Plus

Bflow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have issue with blackvue dr750 or dr650gw showing blue tint over the video only on live view on Samsung S9 Plus ?

Hey Bflow,

Could you take a screenshot on your phone while you're experiencing the problem and attach it here, so we can accurately see your issue.
(You can take a screen shot by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down at the same time).

You only see this issue in Live-View, not when watching previous recorded videos on your device (and/or on desktop viewer)?

Hey Bflow,

Could you take a screenshot on your phone while you're experiencing the problem and attach it here, so we can accurately see your issue.
(You can take a screen shot by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down at the same time).

You only see this issue in Live-View, not when watching previous recorded videos on your device (and/or on desktop viewer)?

I'm not able to get access to car now but I did took screen shots before and issue does not show up.

The blueish tint is only in live view when I connect with phone away from the car and not on the blackvue wifi nor recorded video.

So to confirm, you only see the blue tint ON your phone.
While connected to the BlackVue Live-View through the Android app, when you're away from the car?

Seems strange to me, for sure.
I couldn't find anyone else describing any similar issue.
Is it a new camera, or a new phone that you started using?

Wonder if it's an app issue or hardware issue.

If no one else chimes in with any suggestions, maybe try reaching out to cs@pittasoft.com and see if they have had anyone looking for support with the issue.

So to confirm, you only see the blue tint ON your phone.
While connected to the BlackVue Live-View through the Android app, when you're away from the car?

Seems strange to me, for sure.
I couldn't find anyone else describing any similar issue.
Is it a new camera, or a new phone that you started using?

Wonder if it's an app issue or hardware issue.

If no one else chimes in with any suggestions, maybe try reaching out to cs@pittasoft.com and see if they have had anyone looking for support with the issue.

I have DR650GW in my wife car and Thinkware F800 Pro in my car and was connecting with them my iPhone 6 with no problem until I got Samsung S9 plus then I I having the blueish screen issue only on the blackvue the thinkware had no problem with the S9 but I wasn't happy with the thinkware and bought a DR750, so now that the issue is on both I'm trying to figure out how to fix it.

Do you get the blue tint on both the DR650GW and the DR750S using your S9+ then?
If so it may be an issue with their mobile app.

The S9+ launched in March?
BlackVue did update their app on April 17th.
Hope you're using the most up to date version, and you're using the newer BlackVue app and not the BlackVue Legacy app.

Here is some pics.

Attachments

• Resized_20180423_171342_9232.jpeg
    Resized_20180423_171342_9232.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Resized_20180423_171347_1370.jpeg
    Resized_20180423_171347_1370.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 28
Weird, for sure.

I wonder if it could be related to night vision being on?
I'm not holding my breath but never know, lol.

When you turn your phone sideways and the video goes into full screen, is it all blue or is it only partially blue?

It's all blue.
I do remember seeing the night vision option and turned it on, as soon as i get off work I'll check and report back.

I turned off the night vision but no joy.
When I turn the phone sideways I could see a clear video for a couple seconds before the blueish screen cover the video.

Hmm, as a last ditch effort you could try to delete the app of your S9, then power cycle your phone.
Try to reinstall the app and cross your fingers.

Did you send an email to Pitasoft/BlackVue yet?

Tried all that already and also emailed blackvue and they said the issue is with the S9 but the F800 Pro didn't have this issue. No reply From pittasoft yet.

I still prefer the blackvue over the thinkware.
I'm pretty sure there will be a update to fix it from Samsung or blackvue.

Yeah, it's probably not a S9 issue and probably more of an issue with the Android app.
Which by looking at the reviews on the Play Store, wouldn't surprise me.
So hopefully you're not the only one having the issue so they can patch the app quickly.

Until then.... enjoy your limited edition blue shaded live-view feed! :banghead:

Live video feeds are also immensely blue on my S9+, but not in screenshots.

Attachments

• WIN_20180502_00_52_41_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180502_00_52_41_Pro.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20180502-005120_BlackVue.jpg
    Screenshot_20180502-005120_BlackVue.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 15
I thought I was the only one with this problem.
Maybe if more S9 user start showing up blackvue might fix the problem.

I sent them a support request, so we'll see.

Well, at least you guys can rule out that it's a direct phone issue.
Hope it gets resolved quickly for you!

Here is the exchange I've had thus far with BlackVue (with names removed):

Me:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and I recently purchased a Blackvue DR900S-2CH and registered it with the cloud service. When viewing the live view in the Android app, video feeds have an extreme blue tint over them. The blue tint briefly disappears when rotating, but then returns. It doesn't show up in screenshots.

I've attached a screenshot, and a photo of the phone screen. This tint shows up on all cameras, including publicly-shared cloud cameras (not just mine). It doesn't appear in recordings or if I view a live feed using the Windows desktop application.

Do you have any advice for how to fix this?

BlackVue:
Dear Customer ,
Good day from BlackVue.

Please check the blue screen settings in you phone and turn off that and see if it helps.

If you cannot find the settings please consult with you phone manufacturer or the seller.

Thank you for understanding

Me:
What "blue screen settings" are you referring to, specifically?

BlackVue:
There is blue screen settings in Samsung phone.
Please switch off that setting then it won't show blue tint on videos.

Me:
Do you know what that setting is called? Because I can't find anything labeled "blue screen settings".

BlackVue:
I have google it and seen one of the website about blue screen.
https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ce=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

If you want you can try to use Iphone and see if it shows proper image.

Me:
Those "blue screens" are when phones become totally unresponsive. They don't have anything to do with a blue tint in an app that's working.

BlackVue:
I am sorry for the irrelevant web link please see there is one youtube video about the blue screen with live streaming.

Me:
That video seems to reference settings in an app that I don't have on my phone.

The saga continues... To their credit, at least they're prompt in their responses.

Back